1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Postmil facts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Back in the 1970's they were teaching that they already had cut the stones for a new temple, and that a place in Florida was building guillotines that would be used to behead believers after the antichrist breaks the covenant.
    Because this theory has been around,you will get some who suggest these ideas.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Precisely.

I love how "soon" means thousands of years in the dispy system- which makes the term meaningless.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually Icon, the futurist application of these things may be correct, but from a totally different angle:

...the blasphemy of them that say they are Jews, and they art not, but are a synagogue of Satan.... Rev 2:9

....the synagogue of Satan, of them that say they are Jews, and they are not, but do lie;... Rev 3:9

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
    3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.
    7 And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, Rev 20

Many there are that are given over to the deception that the 'rebirth' of the old system is a good thing. No doubt it IS prophecy fulfilled, but not for the good.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not a theory, fact http://www.templeinstitute.org/

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To go back to the shadows is going to apostasy

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

9 Which was a figure for the time then present,
    in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

WD.....I cannot go with renewed animal sacrifices, a carnal priesthood, blood of animals, now that we have an Eternal High Priest.

The Nt church is being built as the Nt temple....Israel does not function as a theocracy now, they are carnal in the heart. They have no high priest.

Here is misplaced zeal:

http://www.khouse.org/articles/1997/15/

#25 Iconoclast, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't forget the red heifer. Poor thing has to be dead by now, that was 30 years ago. Gotta be at least a cow by now if it is still alive.

7. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was it about that timeframe that you learned that you are ruling and reigning with Christ right now, in the kingdom, even as we speak? Did you assume your kingdom administrative duties all at one time or did you assume them slowly over a month or so?

How many cities are you ruling over at this point? Does the number of cities that you rule over change, like if your're doing lots O' kingdom work do you get more cities and if you mess up do you loose a city or two? What do you call the cities that you rule over? Do they have names or numbers? When you are sleeping, does someone else do the ruling or are you able to rule while asleep? When someone new enters into kingdom service, are new cities created for them or do they just take over some old cities?

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    reading the NT prophecies concerning the rapture/Second Coming of jesus...

How can he returned 70 Ad, as this earth is NOT under the Messiahnic Age as Isaiah saw, nor that described by John in Revelation!

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    thomas15

At first when i was being taught false dispensational ideas....it was explained away saying we were in a "mystery form" of the Kingdom....until the real kingdom....comes to town!

Studying Hebrews forced me to leave these false ideas,as well as the fact that I could not answer Amill brothers first, then postmill brothers...

Oh yes...I had some stock answers from a dispy viewpoint, however I could not really be satisfied with those answers...in my heart and mind, when these brothers answered my objections...

Working through the history of redemption{Edwards}...along with the Hebrews study{Pink,Owen,Brown,hendricksen/kistemeire.Plumber,Gouge,Henry,} it was impossible to hold onto the error that contradicted so many NT passages saying we are in the Kingdom...now.....we have received it, we are translated into it.

It was probably at that time...I had to re-examine what I had been taught was truth and face what the scriptures indicate.:thumbsup:

The thing is I am still learning what I am supposed to be doing to please the Lord each day. each christian should be about this 24/7.
    In fact it is sin not to be:thumbsup:
    To ignore this is like the man who hid the one talent and did not develop it.
    At new birth....the clock starts ticking.You can do little or much work in the Lord's vineyard....His Kingdom .

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
    This is the Christian Israel, the church, right here right now

He reigns now from heaven where we are citizens....in the midst of his enemies.We are to occupy till he comes..everyday....not hide from the "coming anti-christ" and one world Govt.and wait to be raptured out and saved from contacting sinners with the gospel.

The kingdom rule and authority belongs to King Jesus. We are but unprofitable servants.He rules in this world as the kingdom of light overtakes the kingdom of darkness.....on sinner at a time...

Jesus rules and reigns right now and in times all the kings of the earth will bow to him.6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.

7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.

8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.

9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.

10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.

11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.

Good question Thomas...i call them what scripture calls them:
    13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Did you notice we shine as lights....in the midstof a crooked and perverse nation.....

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

I do not rule alone Thomas...god has his saints worldwide and all true saints participate....
    That you choose to mock and ridicule is for you to give account of ..to your own master you stand or fall....

Joshua in type and shadow had it correct here;
    15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

#29 Iconoclast, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where in isa and rev?

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    isaiah 55/Rev 20!

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where in REV 20 does it say the 1000 year reign is physically ..ON EARTH...in physical Jerusalem..??? Why can't the authority and throne be in heaven, the heavenly Jerusalem as scripture says?

#32 Iconoclast, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
  13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL...you remember that one,lol...I thought no one would know what i was talking about:thumbs::thumbs:

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zechariah and John saw the Messiah, jesus, returning and standing upon the Mount he left from though...

Armageddon real battle, between real armies here on earth...

15. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not in Rev. 20 however does; and didst make us to our God kings and priests, and we shall reign upon the earth.' Rev 5:10 YLT state, because of what was done through the death and resurrection of Christ, the past, the elect are qualified for future reign on the earth?

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus stood on the Mt of Olives during His earthly ministry.