Posts Mysteriously Disappearing

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by poncho, Oct 9, 2015.

1. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I've noticed quite a few of my posts mysteriously disappearing without explanation lately. It's seems to happen most often in the News and Current events forum but sometimes in the Politics forum as well. Usually when these disappearances happen it's at times that gives my opponent an advantage by eliminating one of my replies that would refute their argument or identifies the fallacy they are using to discredit mine.

One of these strange disappearances happened most recently in an exchange between Squire Robertsson and myself in the thread entitled Milestones On The Way To Fascism a couple days ago. The whole exchange disappeared without notice right after I explained what fascism actually is and supplied a diagram of the political spectrum that pretty much debunked the argument he was trying to make.

This started awhile before the format was changed so it doesn't seem likely that it's an error caused by the new software and it seems to happen only at those times that I mentioned above so it doesn't seem to be a random error either.

It's just strange. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

It wasn't me. I thought your response defining your position was spot on. However, I noticed problems even before the change over.

3. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yeah, same here. Strange huh? You don't suppose there's a new post eating virus do you?

4. blessedwife318

blessedwife318
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I have had some of my post disappear as well. Actually it seems a whole bunch of post disappear in a thread I was quite active on.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

Its a conspiracy! :D

6. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

No, all the posts where I have refuted your arguments, identified the fallacies of your arguments, discredited your theories, and debunked your arguments have all stayed intact.

;)

Haven't had any issues since the new forum came up concerning posts disappearing (and now we know why the weird stuff was happening, lol).

I have had an issue where I type but it prints slowly, so I can type a paragraph and then watch it come up on the monitor. I like a few of the new features but this particular of quoting function can at times be a mess. I do like the feature that allows you to highlight part of a post and reply to just that when you hit reply, though it's doubtful it will get used much.

All in all, it is an improvement over V-Bulletin, though I still like V-Bulletins skins and format better. Work with what you got, right?

So you lost posts recently? I lost over half a thread. Not real happy about that.

God bless.

7. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Okay, well Squire it seems I owe you an apology for suspecting you were the culprit behind these mysterious disappearances. It appears I was wrong.

I sincerely apologize.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, no edit function right now. Is that peculiar to this board?

God bless.

9. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You mean all the posts where you ignored the evidence, slayed all your own strawmen, misrepresented my arguments and twisted reason beyond recognition all so you could toot your own horn and try to convince everyone you're the smartest person on the board?

You mean those posts right? "lol"

• Like Like x 3
  10. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

And please be considerate of other readers and try to keep your reply under 2,500 words. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

Be glad to look over any thread we have had discussion in, amigo.

Name one thread where these charges can be seen to be true.

Show one point we have discussed where you have accomplished what you say you have.

God bless.

12. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

We have a different view of what is "considerate."

The fact that I address what another person says, and this usually in detailed response, as opposed to the short, deflecting posts of some which refuse to answer simple questions should actually be viewed as considerate. It means first that I am taking the time to actually consider what you have said, and secondly...I am not afraid to address it.

It's funny how you make this a point of derision when you yourself will at times post long responses.

There's a word for that, Poncho, and I won't say it, but it begins with a hypocritical, er, I mean H.

Give me a link to any post you think your boasting can be seen to be true, we can review your great triumph.

;)

God bless.

13. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

No, I think I'll just leave you to your ramblings and attempts to promote yourself as the only thoughtful and reasonable person on the board as I believe I lack the skill, time and patience to debunk your arguments any better than you can. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darrell C

Darrell C
    Expand Collapse

Now, now, Poncho, be nice. lol

Besides, there are a number of thoughtful and reasonable people here. You should know, they dismantle your arguments on a regular basis.

;)

God bless.