1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Posts out of rivarly and selfish ambition

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Revmitchell, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pro 1:29 Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD,
    Pro 1:30 would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof,
    Pro 1:31 therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices.

2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pro 3:7 Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is obvious that the rev is really not interested in peace but in promoting the very thing he is objecting and complaining about. In other words he is doing exactly what he is condemning others - that is called hypocrisy!

I offered a peace plan and he simply ignores it because he is interested in only finding a way to condemn everyone but himself.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:thumbs:

Yes, exactly. He needs our prayers as he is exactly what you describe. Not only is it in this thread, but it is also witnessed in his sowing of discord and division in other threads and stalking the reformed with accusations.

6. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I concur. .....

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Posts that change the subject of the thread to the behavior and character of the poster add heat and not light. Posters that attempt to justify unchristian behavior by pointing out others are just as bad are making the two wrongs make a right argument.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone has vented....enough piling on...he gets the message.

9. preacher4truth

Oh really, he does? Did he tell you that?

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and the message would be what? 'Reaping what you've sown'?...you'll be judged with what judgment ye judge? ...with what measure ye mete, it'll be returned to you?

....and I totally disagree unless I actually see change with my own eyes; no, he doesn't 'get it'.

#30 kyredneck, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  11. preacher4truth

Posts like his deserve heat, not unlike your threads where you justly receive the same as they are nothing more than inflammatory posts meant to cause division, sow discord and stir the pot. [​IMG]

Yes, and you do this as well in nearly all of your started threads. [​IMG]

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

Wow. The posters are this thread really need to take a look at themselves before taking up cause with another brother.

Matthew 7, NASB
    3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
    4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?
    5 "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."[/B]​
    For the record, none of us come to this discussion with clean hands. I can point out posts by every single person who has posted here of the exact same action which they condemn in another. Not the least of which would be myself. <-- Didn't want any of you to miss that.

So perhaps we'd best let this thread die a natural death, examine ourselves, and do better. I know I've been thinking about this for days. It wouldn't hurt any of us to consider what we've said here and how our own behavior measures up.

Galatians 6
    1 Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.
    2 Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
    3 For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
    4 But each one must examine his own work, and then he will have reason for boasting in regard to himself alone, and not in regard to another.
    5 For each one will bear his own load. ​

13. preacher4truth

Perhaps they already have. This brother has sown discord ad nauseum then generates this hypocritical OP. Now, perhaps you need to go and practice what you've preached? I say this in all gentleness. Bringing up uncited past events as reason not to rebuke another is foolish sentimentalism and unwarranted. He has earned the rebukes given, and I am not going to judge the brothers who have done so. :thumbs:

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    d-CON probably doesn't know the history, Rev was banned for 2 years and then returned as obnoxious as he ever was, he learned nothing. Yes, 'he has earned the rebukes given', it's boggling that he doesn't see where he leaves himself wide open for these rebukes whenever he makes posts such as this.

15. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I agree that we all make mistakes and should own that...I know I have and I do own that. However, the bible does specifically warn about divisive people who can be warned numerous times only to continue in their behavior.

I think most would attest to the fact that you are a reasonable individual who hears others out and will attempt to stick to the topic and not become personal. I would hope that most would think likewise of me, despite our differing soteriological views.

The nature of this forum does lend itself for more divisiveness than would be typical in human interactions, but sometimes it just goes over the line and a spade needs to be called a spade. I'd say just reserve that for PM's not in public forum...as that is what the rules state...

#35 Skandelon, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  16. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What about this idea?

17. preacher4truth

Better yet, the OP IMO should have been locked first thing and not allowed to continue. The only saving grace here are the rebukes given to the OP who sows discord and causes division DAILY.

18. thisnumbersdisconnected

No more so, and in many cases much less, than some of the other bad actors on the board. If you believe someone is particularly divisive and, as Skandelon has said, does not respond to rebuke, that's what "ignore" is for.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ad if you fare oppose a cal on this board you must be destroyed. I cant see most of the posts in this thread because they are all on ignore. I am calling for this to be closed.

20. preacher4truth

No, he's more so than others on this board as others can attest. I don't use ignore, it's not necessary as I can handle it. :thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.