1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Practicing and or Continue to Sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jul 20, 2010.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 22:31,32 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Mark 12:26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I [am] the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

Luke 20:37,38 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

As touching the resurrection, as touching the dead that they rise, and now that the dead are raised. This living is relative to the resurrection.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: (How? By resurrection.)
    John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (Liveth after resurrection)
    Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
    Revelation 20:6 first part. Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power.