1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise God: Diet and Prayer Improve Kidney Functions

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 8, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, yeah! I realize that many of you do not believe that God is still in the business of doing miracles. Well I do believe He does miracles, and the following story is an example of prayer and commitment resutling in improved kidney function. However, if you are not a bleiver in God still do the miraculous, maybe you won't want to read any further than this sentence.

I just completed my two-month blood tests, and they have come out better than they've been in more than a year-and-a-half! And, yes I'm still in Stage 3 Renal Failure, but closer to being a Stage 2, then a Stage 4. My GFRs have improved from a low of 34 to a new high of 51. And my Creatinine levels, which were a scary 2.0have fallen to a respectable 1.4.

On top of this, my HA1C is also a respectable 5.8up from 5.6 six months earlier, but I attribute the slight increase to a steady rise in my neuropathy, which has moved to the bottom of the feet and into the ankles. This new pain makes walking a painful challenge.

I have to contribute this great turn-around to my commitment to cut down on my consumption of red meats, and adding tons of salads, fruits and vegetables to my daily diet. I also try to eat fish twice a week.

That said, I have to attribute the overall success of turning my declining renal health around to prayer. Prayer from my church, family, friends, and on-line Christian forums and gathering places.

God is still in command, and I give Him the full and complete credit for these improved test results, as they show that chronic disease can be held in check, and even reversed with a faith and personal commitment to make the kind of changes (that we may not always want to make) that have proven to add years to one's life.

There are times that I hate the prospect of having to wake up each day with diabetes and the numerous complication I've encountered, but the truth is, while I may totally dislike the hand dealt to me in life, as at times I feel it is so unfair, the challenge of living with diabetes has, in fact, strengthened my faith and personal resolve to live my life in spite of the challenges, and to live life to its fullest.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like God is doing amazing things both with your physical and spiritual health!

Praise Him!

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Praise the Lord for any improvement. I pray it continues.