1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise God for Google!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by James_Newman, May 6, 2005.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I just spent three days upgrading a server in my office to run off an IDE RAID. The system is running RedHat 9 and I ran into a lot of issues throughout the procedure. Praise God for the web and Google, I found the answers to all the problems I ran into, and now the system is running happily with it's new Adaptec 2400A RAID in place of its old 40GB harddrive. [​IMG]

I certainly learned a few things about the Linux boot process. Amazing that something cobbled together by so many people runs so well (usually?!)

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have a desktop search item that is awesome if you have a lot of text files on your drive. It searches all and lists them at the top when you do a google search online so you get your own stuff first, you can use it offline as well.

I have thousands of text files (I'd guess thousands, haven't counted them :) and it is a real tool.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I must admit that I do genrally use Google, yet I have to say that Ask Jeeves is getting alot better lately.