1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise Report! I found a new Church!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by FundyPat, Oct 10, 2011.

1. FundyPat

FundyPat New Member

Hi Gang!

I am so very happy! :laugh:

I have found a very nice church in the area. It's a missionary Baptist Church. My folks even let me borrow the vehicle to go.

KJV and the whole bit.

I am so very happy! :jesus:

Thanks to everyone who prayed here! :wavey::thumbs:

I will be blogging about my experiences at the new Church here.

#1 FundyPat, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
  2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations on finding a new church.

May I make a suggestion? I am anyway, so I'm not really asking for permission. :laugh:

Why not keep quiet about the church for a while until you know more about it? Give yourself some time to discover if this is really the church you are looking for. Lots of churches look good at 1st sight. This may or may not be the church 'of your dreams'. Allow them and you to grow on each other. This is especially true when you haven't been to a morning service.

With that said, I am really praying that this is the church where you can serve Jesus whole heartedly!

3. FundyPat

FundyPat New Member

Hi Tom,

The blog's purpose is not to trash the Church at all. It's just to write about my experiences. I am a writer and it is cathartic for me to write out things.

I do understand your point, and I do not ID the Church at all.

thanks anyhow,

-Pat

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying that the Lord will guide you if you should be blog about your previous church... will the Lord get praise and that the Lord will give you discernment if this is truly the church that He wants you to be worship and serve the Lord!

5. FundyPat

FundyPat New Member

Amen. Thank You. :wavey::thumbs:

As for the previous Church that I was in; I have zero interest in blogging about that --- what is done is done. It is the Lord Jesus Christ who will judge them --- and me.

I left on the Authority of the Word of God and that is that. Anything else is rehashing stuff to cause problems and I do not wish to get into to dredge up things that happened over 5 years ago.

Again, I thank you.

-Pat

P.S. Yes, I know, I wrote a little about what happened; but I did not get into the particulars about what happened, nor will I on the blog.

#5 FundyPat, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011