1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Praise & Worship"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, May 31, 2014.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

It appears to me or in my hardly humble opinion there has developed over the past few years a trend in our churches to focus more on P & W and less on the Word. Does anyone else see this as a developing trend or is this just me. This is not to be a debate of traditional vs contemporary but just for civil discussion. And I must add that this observation has been formed by viewing my own church in person and the rest from watching TV services.

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Singing can be abused to the point that ppl just do it to feel good and to whip themselves into a near-ecstatic state. There is no reason for all the hyper-emotionalism.

Music feels good.... but God's Word cuts and convicts. God's Word doesn't always make you feel good like your favorite music does. God's Word confronts us with the reality that we are sinners, undeserving of mercy and grace. Yes, God's Word convicts but it also takes us to the cross of Christ.

Just my $0.02.