1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praises--some good church stuff!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by rbell, May 19, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Yesterday, our church moved into our new educational facility & fellowship hall. We asked everyone to wear grubby clothes to church, and to stay after lunch & help us out--we had to move hundreds of chairs & tables, a kitchen, a fellowship hall, a library, a children's wing, all adult classes--you get the picture...so we can be ready to use our new building next Sunday.

We expected 100 or so folks to stay and help. About 300 did! We ended up getting more done than we thought possible. Praise God for that one.

Also, our youth group led worship last night...our county has a monthly youth-led worship service, and it was our church's turn.

Even though the day was so very long, and many of our kids were at church for 12+ hours straight (Between AM church, our "moving day" work, and just getting ready for the evet itself), they did a fantastic job. Oh, they were "good" talent-wise...but so much more importantly, they offered their talents as an offering of love to God. I was so proud of them.

Anyhoo, thanks be to God for a great day, and I pray we'll stay faithful, so He can use us.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That sounds wonderful!! We'll move into the new addition next month and I can't wait! It's so exciting to see what God is doing, isn't it??