1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pray for my dad

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by RLBosley, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

If I could ask that the other believers here could pray for my dad. He's fighting his second bought of cancer right now (first time oral, this time lung) and nothing can be done for him now. Doctors have said he has 3-6 months for the past year, but now it seems real. He is pretty much bedridden and needs oxygen 24/7.

My wife just talked to my mom and she said Hospice is there and he isn't breathing like he should and his extremities are colder than they should (lack of blood flow i assume).

My dad finally made a profession of faith last year after many times of witnessing to him. He had an intense desire to know God's word so I bought him a Bible. First copy he ever had for himself. So I am pretty sure he is saved and I have hope that I'll see him again regardless. But please pray for him and my family if you would please.

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely!!!! Having experienced the death of a beloved saved family member...I am pretty sure you will find that my prayers will largely be for YOU and your family at least as much as for him.....
    If he is a child of God now as you say..than his death is TRULY a blessing! For him, and your family. He doesn't belong here. This isn't his home. Here, if he indeed be saved, he has persecution and (due to illness) physical pain to look forward to. God is calling him home. My prayers will to a major extent be for you to have the comforting faith to TRULY KNOW....that this is sheer blessing. Christians don't "DIE" (as such)...they go home. Your beloved Father doesn't belong here....he is a Pilgrim who will soon reach the finish line. This is an occasion to REJOICE! not feel pain. I pray that your family can rejoice in the fact that he has finished his race, and run his course...:jesus:

God bless you brother:godisgood:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Done.....stay strong for your mom & family.

4. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Thanks.

Thank you. You have really helped me out with that. I appreciate it.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Done, as well.

:praying: May your father, you, and the rest of your family be cupped in His caring and loving hands.

I lost my mother in a similar manner. When the time comes, even though your eyes are stained with tears, look up with a smile and a wave to let him know you're saying "so long for the time being".

:wavey:

6. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Bosley...just wanted you to know that as of this moment...my wife and I have JUST prayed for you and your family, and some peace for your dad. As of 9:08 p.m. EST You've been prayed for...and we will continue!! :godisgood:

You'd do better if it were a "righteous" man who prayed for you...but, at least we "yacked" in your behalf :laugh:
    Peace to you brother..

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

He is in my prayers, as are you......

8. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Just Prayed

Bro.Bosley....I have just prayed for you, your family and your dear Dad. I hope and pray you'll know the peace and comfort of our God. let me share a few scriptures....

Psalm 116:15 says "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints"....so know that the God of all comfort will take good care of your Dad and you all when the time comes.

also remember:
    1 Cor. 15:53-57 says -
    53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
    55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
    56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
    57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

For us...there is EVERY reason and cause to hope and rejoice. May God comfort you,your Dad and your family.

Bro.Greg:praying::saint:

9. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dad finally made a profession of faith last year after many times of witnessing to him. He had an intense desire to know God's word so I bought him a Bible. First copy he ever had for himself. So I am pretty sure he is saved and I have hope that I'll see him again regardless.

In 1994, at age 70, my father passed away the result of a car accident. I asked the Lord to spare him and he lingered for 15 days.

On the morning of that last day the Lord spoke to me wherein I understood it was time to turn loose. Dad was lingering because of my desire..., not what was best for him. I was being selfish.

I came to that understanding and that afternoon he passed away. Like your father, mine to came to know the Lord and made a profession of faith. By his passing he's better off than I am.

Nothing wrong with praying for a loved one but sometimes we merely prolong the inevitable. Rejoice that your father is Saved.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Done. May the Lord strengthen and comfort you all. God bless.

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course I will pray for your Dad and your whole family.
    MB:godisgood:

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Got it....

....My prayers and thoughts are with you and your dad. You just need to trust that you did all you could, and that God did His part. As for the cancer, may our God provide comfort and hasten his passing to allow him to avoid all that pain and suffering. :praying:

13. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Done Brother. I just recently lost an uncle and was able to give him the gospel while he was still lucid. Sick, elderly and nursing home folks are wide open to the gospel as they are forced to deal with eternal things. If you gave your dad the gospel then it is in God's hands. I pray you will see him again. God bless!

14. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying:for your dad, you and your family!

15. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I wanted to let thank everyone know that my mother, my wife and I greatly appreciate your prayers.

My dad went home to be with the Lord on (Good) Friday at about 3:05pm. It is hard but we are doing as well as can be expected. Thanks again.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sincere condolences brother, may God give you the strength needed & the comfort requires to carry on. May your dad rest in peace.

17. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that the God of all Comfort will cover you and your family with His overwhelming love at this time!

18. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Thank you all for your prayers and your support. They are greatly appreciated.

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm so sorry. I've prayed for your family this morning.

20. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Thank you.