1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray for New Zealand

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Melanie, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Say a prayer for my adopted home of New Zealand... Christchurch has been shattered anew with a ghastly earthquake. It has been very wobbly there since last September with thousands of aftershocks but this is really bad.

msn nz news has it all. Sorry I am not clever with cut and paste on the web but google the bold and read it all.

Can you imagine walking through liquidified earth!!!

I live on the North Island and Christchurch is the South Island.

For geology students check out Geonet NZ...it records and has oodles of data of subsequent aftershocks as well

#1 Melanie, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
  2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I was wondering if we would hear from you, Melanie. This tragedy has been on my mind all day and I can certainly empathize with the Christchurch people, having been a victim of a natural disaster myself. Yes, I will pray for New Zealand.

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you Zenas. I have only ever been in a flood and cyclone, never an earthquake of the magnitude as in Christchurch Deo Gratias. What about you?

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ghastly, absolutely ghastly. Praying here...:praying: I fear the CTV people are gone, though...:tear: