1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pray for us

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 11, 2016.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Divorce is not in Gods plan I agree. But at the same time I could no longer tolerate her abuse and besides that she threw me out of the house!

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pray for seeds to be sown in the hearts of the elect? Whatever for? They are already ELECTED. Are your efforts going to accelerate God's timetable?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The above is about as dumb as the Democrats saying the "The Russians did it!"

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You in the world of the absurd.

Those five passages he quoted are from the Holy Word of God and any true Christian from the two streams of theology have the very same belief regarding them.

#24 Rippon, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't wait for her to make the first move. You need to initiate it. Humble yourself and do what's right.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rest of us spell it "Holy".

Gotcha. (How do you like it?)

Pendants gonna pedant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you.

8. teany1973

teany1973 New Member

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isa 40:31 --But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not fain

Jer 14:22 --therefore we will wait upon thee: for thou hast made all these things.

Zeph 3:8 -- Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop blaming your Wife. When you make comments about dating again and repeated public digs against her like this, it is apparent that you have little desire to reconcile:

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is impossible to reconcile when you are already looking for another woman online.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan - simple yes or no question: DO YOU desire to reconcile with your wife?

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reconciliation is a two way street.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's stop with this and get back on topic. This is a thread about asking for prayer for street evangelism.

15. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not if you're a calvinist ;)

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But the one who filed for divorce can't be looking at other women if reconciliation - which is God's desire - is in view.

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that the two are connected. Though Our Lord may do what He wishes, I think that those who run from Him generally do not see the blessing that they otherwise would have if they walk with Him.

My opinion only. By being unrepentant about leaving your Wife (and by not seeking restoration), you open yourself up to charges of hypocrisy when you preach the Law at others. I also think that there is the potential, because of that perception of hypocrisy, for the hindrance of the Gospel (examples: any prominent evangelist, TV preacher, or pastor who has had scandal).

My words may seem harsh, but I cannot think of a gentler way to write it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that there is a saying that says "It starts with one."

19. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay. Back on topic. Let’s discuss methodology. The key to your street preaching is to use the 10 Commandments as a way of bringing the sinner to a point of conviction and ultimately repentance.

I suggest you can only use 9 of them because the 7th seems to be a stumbling point for you. You defined adultery as, “Also I am against adultery. That is having sex before marriage, sleeping with another man's wife, etc..” in Post # 16. Jesus disagrees with you.

Matthew 5:28 NAS77
    28 but I say to you, that everyone who looks on a woman to lust for her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.​

What are you looking for when you visit a dating site when you already have a wife? Granted, she kicked you to the curb but as long as she lives she is still part of your flesh - divorce or not. Did you read what John MacArthur said about marriage? “Marriage is an indissoluble union in which people are in an unbreakable gluing together and together they pursue one heart, one mind, one will in everything.” Source

You have no problem rejecting that interpretation of the marriage vows because you decided you were an abused spouse. Don’t you have a dictionary in that collection of books? Saying mean things to you is not abuse unless you had already concluded you wanted out of your “indissoluble union” because it was too hard to be part of it.

So, back on the streets, you resort to the Nine Commandments to bring folks to the point of repentant grief. I know you will insist you still use all Ten but that assumes you use the same dictionary to define adultery as you use to define abuse.

You’ve probably used this verse in your street preaching.

James 2:10 NAS77
    10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.​

Why point out the Law? According to the WOTM FAQ page, “When a criminal stands guilty--on trial--it would be a mistake to speak to him of how the judge loves him and how compassionate the judge is. Better for a criminal to see the frown of the judge, so that he will see the seriousness of his crime, and find a place of true sorrow and grief for what he has done. It is then that the mercy of the judge should be revealed, no sooner.”

Where’s the sorrow and grief over your broken marriage? Why should we not expect to see the same from you as you wish to see in the folks who hear you preach?

“In repentance there is a bitter sweetness, or a sweet bitterness - which shall I call it? - of which, the more you have, the better it is for you. I can truly say that I hardly know a diviner joy than to lay my head in my Heavenly Father’s bosom and to say, ‘Father, I have sinned, but thou hast forgiven me; and, oh, I do love thee!” ~Spurgeon

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When John is out street preaching God will send someone that will confound him and lay bare this problem for him. Perhaps with a Q&A session where John is backed into a corner and can't answer. I'm sure it will happen.