1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pray for youth

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Revmitchell, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the youth at my church, a 16 year old girl, was raped last week at school. As it turns out the boy had a history of doing this and now 4 other victims have come forward. He has been arrested and it looks like he will be tried as an adult.

Anyway, the arresting police officer asked her what she would like to see happen to this boy. Her response was "nothing I have forgiven him".

She could use your prayer.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

While the girl's forgiveness is admirable, she needs to be sure that she goes forward with testifying against this young man. He is a predator and needs to be stopped. I'll be praying for her - and for the young man to repent of his sin!

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How horrible. I thank God that you and your congregation is there to support this young woman and any of the other young women who need support and love.

I will pray for all of you during this difficult time and ask the Father for emotional healing for the victims of this violence and violation.

I'm afraid I have very little compassion for rapists, but I will attempt to pray sincerely for him as well.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The girl, the girls, the guy, and all involved are in my prayers.