1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer bracelets?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by nate, Feb 1, 2006.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Pssstt John...me thinks Music is a sister [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] Yes I am but I was going to be nice.

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

This is faulty logic. Can you show me chapter a verse that says its okay to use a prayer list? </font>[/QUOTE]Its a gray area, but there are no prayer beads in my bible. There is however lots of prayers in my bible written down in Psalms and in Matthew 6:9-13 and Eph.1:15-23, that we use as outlines. So if you use a prayer list/outline to go by I don't see nothing wrong with it because these were penned in the bible. </font>[/QUOTE]No place does the Bible tell me it is okay to make a list of the people I am praying for.

If an object is used as a way to remember actual prayers instead of rote prayers, it can serve the same purpose as a prayer list.

Bead one - thanksginving and praise
    Bead tow - family
    Etc.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Matt 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
    10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Our provisions for food.

Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

The electric company, water company, Gas company, the $10.oo I borrowed from my mother in law....and bless them all. Cause I'd be one thirsty person sitting in the dark freezing alone. :D

Matt 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

C4K~ all I am saying is that I don't see prayer beads mentioned but I do see prayers that David, Paul and Jesus said written in the bible which leads me to believe that written prayers (*even listing peoples names who need prayer) are ok (as long as the prayer is sincere). [​IMG]
    If beads work then by all means, but if I can remember what each bead stands for then why not just list the prayer needs down and then start praying. Sometimes when I pray and I think I'm finished.... something or someone else pops up in my memory to pray for and I add a "Oh BTW" alot of times to my prayers. The main thing is that we are praying. [​IMG]

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What if you put your prayer list on beads?

Or if you put beads on your prayer list to help you find it.

What if they weren't beads, it was a candy bracelet?

What would Jesus do? He'd probably threaten to spank all his kids if they didn't quit arguing over the beads. [​IMG]

4. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Amen Gina L! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Although if the beads were a candy bracelet they wouldn't last long around me (I like them candy bracelets). Sure would give a new spin on "sweet hour of prayer". [​IMG]