1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer clothes?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakeside

lakeside New Member

Funny, why do you have to give it any thought?, Jesus is the pillar/foundation of His Church and I am very happy to be a member of His One and only Church that He left for "all" of us, but man with his fallen nature , instead of trying to fix God's earthly Church ran off and invented their own church [ s ] like to the tune of 30,000 + conflicting churches and still splitting. And the more they split the more warered- down they become.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Lakeside - so you being Roman Catholic believe that the other churches are not the right church, correct? You are saying that the Baptist church is not the right church and is watered down?

Have you read the statement of faith for the Baptist Board? Do you disagree with the teaching there?

3. lakeside

lakeside New Member

Is this your Christian way of being vindictive. I am not Jesus , i can not judge what is in your heart when it comes to matters of Faith. My understanding is that anybody through no fault of their own who has never ever heard the Good News of the Gospels can also be saved , it is only the Judgment of Jesus that matters.[ Matt. 25; 31-46 ] As a Catholic convert i have never said that the Church has the 'corner market on Jesus ' only that it contains the "Fullness of the Christian Faith ."

#23 lakeside, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Being vindictive? Why would you say that? I'm not being vindictive at all but instead trying to understand why a Catholic would come to post on a board that obviously doesn't share the same beliefs as they do. I'd expect it would be to preach to us but I could be wrong and decided to ask.

For your convenience, I will post the Statement of Faith regarding the church:

I take it you would disagree with this statement.

5. lakeside

lakeside New Member

I have always agreed to the above. I'm not here to preach only to defend the Church that Jesus loves [ Eph. 5:25-26 ]

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you do agree to the above, then you disagree with the "Church that Jesus loves" (which is not speaking of the Catholic church but the church universal). You see, the SOF states that the church is an "autonomous local congregation". From my experience with the Catholic church, that is far from their beliefs.

7. lakeside

lakeside New Member

The word "Catholic '' is derived from the Greek word Kataholos which means Universal as in compliance with the command of Jesus when He instructed His Apostles. [ Matt. 28: 18-20 ] How can we as Christians go against the commands of Jesus ? Catholics are also under an "autonomous local congregation ' only difference is that it is called a diocese , a district under the jurisdiction of a biblical bishop.

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure what you mean, I don't know anyone here or among my Christian friends who idolize the Holy Bible. We worship God in spirit and in truth, Jesus said, "Thy Word is Truth". I belong to God's One True Church-all those who have been born of God through faith alone in Jesus Christ.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Which is under the rule of the Pope, is it not? Each of the local bishops are under the rule of the archbishop who is under the rule of the Pope. Then there are also the cardinals. Even the diocese is not autonomous as they must answer to the Vatican and the Pope.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Biblical bishop". Can you tell me why your pope allowed child molesters to be bishops? I believe a "biblical bishop" must be BLAMELESS the scripture states in order to be a bishop, correct?

11. lakeside

lakeside New Member

But, the thing is I don't have to.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But the church does - so it is not autonomous.

13. lakeside

lakeside New Member

Care to point out from the Bible where Jesus said that His clergy would be perfect. Jesus never promised that His Church members would be perfect . There being 'good' and 'bad ' members is one foretold by Jesus in Matt. 13: 24-30 also as St. Paul told Timothy " If we are unfaithful , he remains faithful , for he cannot deny himself " 2 Tim. 2: 13. Even the Pope is a sinner ,just ask him and he will tell you so. We are all sinners.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not say anything about "perfect".

"A bishop then must be blameless," (1Tim 3)

15. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The issue is not membership perfection! The issue is institutional design. Can't blame institutional design on individual imperfections!

16. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Isn't this particular forum for the purpose of other Christians from churches or denominations that have statements of faith that might differ from ours to discuss and present their differing views? Does everyone who post on this board have to agree with this Statement of Faith regarding the church? Hopefully, for the sake of this particular forum, that is not the case. Why would any Christian other than Baptists desire to post on The Baptist Board if that were the case?

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If a pastor in my denomination was found to be guilty of child molestation he would be taken out of his position immediately as he has violated the requirements given for holding the office. But the Pope did not remove them, which violated his office which makes him guilty of the same sins and he should have been removed as well.

18. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Agreed! Even secular government officials are removed for such things and when they are not removed then the fault lies at those in the position of authority that could remove them and do not!

Since when does the so-called "TRUE" Church hold a LOWER standard of morality and discipline than the secular humanistic governments?

If we as citizens are outraged by the present refusal of the Attorney General not to fire those guilty of "Fast and Furious" under him, how much more should Catholics be infuriated at their Pope for not removing paedofiles from what they claim is a "holy" calling and position - preisthood????

#38 The Biblicist, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Catholic "Christians" is a touchy subject here on the BB. Some are allowed to stay while others are banned. It depends on their rhetoric. Why a true Christian would want to stay in the RCC is a mystery when we know the truth of the scriptures. So this why having Catholics considered "Christian' can be a sensitive issue here.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AMEN!!!!! Good question for our Catholic friends here. Why does the RCC hold a lower standard than other Christian churches and even secular government?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.