1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for a former Moslem

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Revmitchell, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This evening we had a salesmen come and talk to us about buying insurance. His name is Ali and he is from Iran. He is Persian and not Arab. He was born into the moslem faith but has long ago left it. Up to this point he has followed the religion called Zartosh. This is similar to Hinduism in many ways. Ultimately it is Pantheism.

After he presented what we were looking to hear from him I began asking him questions about what he thought about America, Iraq, 911 etc. Eventually I asked him his view on God and where he got his teaching from. After he explained all of this I described to him the difference between Christianity and all other religions.

I pointed out that while all other religions work to earn some type of salvation in Christianity it is given to us for free. And while in all other religions they serve others with the motive of earning their own salvation in Christianity we serve out of honest care for others.

This seemed to have gotten his attention. He told me he has been searching for something to be committed to. He said he is committed to his job, and his family but has been looking for a religion to commit to as well. He will be going to church with us Sunday morning. He was as open and receptive as anyone I have ever seen. As he left tonight he stated that he felt he was here for a greater purpose than insurance.

I am asking for prayer for Ali Nickooll. I believe he has an open heart.

2. billiefan2000

billiefan2000 New Member

praying for Ali

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ali was at church tonight. He intends to be at church next Sunday.

4. Gayla

Gayla New Member

So glad to hear Ali was at Church!
    Praying for a softened heart to believe and receive Jesus as Savior.:praying: :praying:

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

He is in my prayers.

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying

and praising the Lord that Ali was in church and will continue to go and may he give his heart to the Lord as his Savior and Lord.