1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for Accident

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by billreber, Jun 6, 2010.

1. billreber

billreber New Member

Please pray for a down-the-street neighbor (I do not know his name) who was involved in a alcohol-related collission early this morning (3:00 AM!!!). He was running a four-wheeler down the street, and collided with the rear end of my wife's car, in our driveway. He is in the hospital now, but may not live due to the seriousness of his injuries (skull fractures).

Also, please ask for God to give me the grace to talk with his family later today (if possible), to speak the words God wants me to say.

Cars can be repaired or replaced, but this man and his family needs Jesus right now.

Bill :godisgood:

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Oh my goodness Bill!

Praying for this man and his family - and how God can use you.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bill,
    Is there any way you could visit this man in the hosipital. And of course his family will need true friendship at this time

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

He is in my prayers!

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for this man and his family. I hope the car repairs do not cost you too much.

6. billreber

billreber New Member

Just got off the phone with his mother or sister (I forgot to ask which! Sister, I think), and Ken is doing better. He has a skull fracture, 2 collapsed lungs (one only partially collapsed), 5 broken ribs, 2 broken collar bones, one broken shoulder bone, multiple skin scrapes, and possibly foreign matter in one eye. They are talking surgery soon to make some repairs (which is already a miracle to talk about surgery!).

Most of Ken's family are believers, but Ken is not. The family is thankful that we are praying for Ken, and for the possibility of me sharing Jesus with Ken after he recovers some more. They also are sharing with him. I prayed with the lady who called me on the phone, too.

On a side note, the lady who called me said her husband is going to seminary right now! His name is George, so I ask prayer for George as well! To God be the glory!

On another side note, I was sharing this prayer request at church yesterday, and another church member (who is in the USAF) shared that he had gotten a call that morning about one of his troops being in an identical accident. We compared notes, and it is the same person and accident! That is how I got Ken's name. God is so good! He made sure that Ken would have lots of witnesses about Jesus in his life. I have also had talks in the last 24 hours with 5 of Ken's and my neighbors, 4 of whom are believers. The other one? He wouldn't answer! I'll spend as much time with him as I can.

Bill:godisgood:

7. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying for Ken and his family, and that the Lord will use you to witness to him.

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:1_grouphug::praying:

9. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

I'm glad he survived the crash and is recovering. It sounds like God is bringing some postives out of a very bad situation.

10. billreber

billreber New Member

An update on Kent (I had the name wrong! OOOPS!!!). He is off the ventilator (with it still attached if needed), and they discovered another fracture in his right knee today. They are starting to lower the amount of sedative, so Kent can "converse" a little more. He cannot talk yet (jaw fractured as well), but can use eyes, nods, hand squeezes, and head shakes to communicate. He can move his toes on command, so he is NOT paralyzed.

You can keep updated on Kent at www.caringbridge.org/visit/kentdyer . This is a wonderful service! Check it out. His family is updating his status regularly on the "journal" tab.

As far as our car, it has been totalled, and my wife and I have now purchased a 2005 Ford Taurus to replace it. But I am quick to state that KENT is much more important to me right now. The world will/has taken care of the car, but only God can heal and save Kent!

Thank You, Lord!!!

11. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

It is good to hear he is doing well, and that you have a gracious attitude towards him. I pray that God will continue to bring good out of this situation.

12. billreber

billreber New Member

I went to see Kent last night (June 24). His brother and I were there, and Kent's mind was seeming to wander a lot. I was holding Kent's hand as I talked to him. When I told Kent I was praying for him to recover, he squeezed my hand and said "You do that!".

Kent still does not recognize most of his family, and who he recognizes changes from day to day. The doctors keep finding other injuries. AND Kent now has been infected with MRSA! Please keep praying for Kent.

13. billreber

billreber New Member

Kent is doing better, but still can't remember anything about the collision. He knows he failed a "swallow test" which he must pass to leave the hospital for rehab, but thinks that he failed a military test. His mind seems better in the mornings and wanders more in the evenings. This is very hard on his family.

Thanks for continuing to pray for Kent!

14. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying::1_grouphug: