1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer for my Platoon

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Sapper Woody, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Obviously, I can't give too many details about my missions here. Not even date/time, etc. However, please remember my platoon in your prayers this holiday season, as we will not only be gone from family/friends, but we will also be gone on mission over Christmas/New Years.

This is a hard time for some of the guys already. For some, this is their first Christmas away from home, and now it's being spent in a war zone.

Secondly, pray for safety. This mission is going to be in an area where last time we were there in a seven day period we saw 14 IED explosions, 8 disabled vehicles due to IEDs, experienced incoming mortars landing close enough to hit our guys with shrapnel (no one seriously hurt), had a fellow team leader medivacced due to TBI, and had our first firefight of the year.

Many are nervous about going back, but no one is even thinking of staying away.

2nd Platoon, 95th Engineer Company, 14th Engineer Battalion (temporarily, normally under the 65th Engineer Battalion)

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for safety for you and your men. Praying for their families also.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Will also pray.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Praying for you guys!! My brother will be there in a few days so look for him!!! :wavey:

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Praying for you all here!

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lord....

....it is in complete agreement with all on this Board and those within the circle of friends, family and acquaintances with this brother and the men of this platoon that I ask for journey mercies and Your unconditional favor and covering as they enter Harm's way. :praying:

Send angels to watch over them as a unit as well as individuals, and for those who do not know Jesus, use this particular situation to bring them to Jesus, and for those who are solid in their faith, use this situation to strengthen and renew their faith in You. :praying:

Finally, I ask as you have done in the past, with the armies of Israel, to send forth angels to prepare the way for this platoon, giving wisdom and preferential treatment to them as you guide their very footsteps. Bring each of them back to base as they went out! :praying:

We ask this in Jesus Name!!! :praying:

Know that I salute each of you for your commitment, bravery, dedication and sacrifice to make this country a safer place. You and your platoon, and the men and women of so many other platoons are my "heroes!" Go in God's name!

#6 righteousdude2, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
  7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Praying for you daily, grandson. Come back safe to us. ♥

8. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

praying in Jesus Name for your Safety.

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:1_grouphug::praying:We are so proud of you, and we are praying your safety and all of your platoon!!
    We are trusting in the Lord to bring you back safely!!
    Praying for your brother, Ann
    Praying for your grandson, Betty!

10. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely praying for you and our other military folks.

11. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely will be praying for you and your platoon...as well as all the servicemen and women who are in harm's way and not at home this day
    and every day.

May God's guiding hand of protection be upon you!!!