1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer request.. For praying.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by BDawgC, Sep 14, 2009.

1. BDawgC

BDawgC New Member

Hey guys.. New here so forgive me for starting off with a prayer request.. But, as of lately I have been really struggling in my prayer time.. Due to the busy home life I spend the hour-and-a-half solo commute to work as my time with the Lord.. I've been doing this for a while now, but within the past few weeks its seems like my prayer time is very.. Dry.. (For lack of a better term?).. It seems I am stuck in a rut of prayer.. I do praise and try to focus on God's Grace throught my time praying, but lately it seems like I become easily distracted (crazy traffic, thoughts of the day before me, etc).. Until recently I found to be very enthusiastic and joyful when it came to my prayer time.. But lately its has almost become.. Well.. A burden? Is God trying to tell me something? I mean, I spend time in His Word on a regular basis, attend church and listen to Christian praise music.. But when it comes to prayer.. Its like I'm just speaking them for the sake of "praying" and not for the communion aspect of what prayer time should be?.. PLEASE PRAY for me! And any advice anyone might have for a whipper snapper like me would be much appreciated!!

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hello and welcome.

I can empathise with you as I have recently been going through something similar. Prayer can be hard sometimes I find and I seem to get a lot of interruptions when I want to settle down to pray. I am making a special effort to get closer to the Lord and I find that the Psalms help me, so maybe they will help you too? Please don't give up. I will be holding you up in prayer :praying:

Blessings

following-Him

3. BDawgC

BDawgC New Member

Thanks for your encouraging words following-Him..
    I know I'm not alone in this.. After all, we are mortal vessels trying to communicate with an Immortal God.. So it goes without saying that we are going to have our up and down times with such.. But thank you again! I will deffinately read through the Psalms and stay close to Him!

4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

I'm a younger whippersnapper and I have the same problems...sometimes I sort of shy away from prayer, for whatever reason.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I was blessed by the following posters and may we all desire to want to
    love and serve with all of our lives. Praying to You is like talking to our best Friend! Thank you, Lord for saving my soul from sin. In Your Awesome Name.
    Amen.

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying:for this request to the God Who hears and answers prayers.