1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer request

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Mexdeaf, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Fellow missionaries and those who lurk here-

Please pray for Mexdeaf concerning a personnel decision he may have to make if the Lord does not work things out. I have two strikes against me in dealing with the nationals here- I am not Mexican and I am deaf. We have a hearing man and his family who have worked with us for almost 2 years, and I truly do appreciate their efforts, but there is a bit of a respect problem and I think the gentlemen is quite frankly prejudiced towards Americans. Please join me in praying for wisdom and that if the problem is ME, the Lord will show me how to make it right.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Sure thing Mex.

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Your post sounds like my brother in law who is a missionary to Indians in Wyoming. Those Indian men did same things to him. My sister's husband, as a missionary, did not quit since 12 years. To give time between you and Mexicans is to be alright later. One thing that you needs mostly is your patience with them until they will cease to prejudice against anyone including you. To quit your patience will not help you. Pray for you.

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Im praying too!

5. samarelda

samarelda New Member

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Update-

It appears that the Lord is working things out with my brother in Christ. We had a long talk about 'things' and although there are still some sticking points, we are back to working in a spirit of unity.

Please keep praying, though. I have a church member in the hospital with AIDS. Another that I am trying to counsel. Plus we are building a church building!

THANK YOU FOR PRAYING!

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord for how he is working. I'm praying, brother.

8. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Well now is'nt it nice how the Lord answers our prayers before we even pray them.God bless you my brother.I guess now I will just have to pray God blesses your building program.

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Well......

My brother asked for a meeting with me last night and we had another chat. He said that he feels it is the Lord's will for him to go elsewhere. I did not stand in his way although I firmly believe he is making a mistake. Those of you who are missionaries and have dealt with nationals (or pastors who have dealt with staff for that matter) will probably understand me when I say that while I may not know the Lord's will for another man's life I believe I have a pretty good idea when they are making a bad decision.

At any rate, a decision has been made and we will go our separate ways at the beginning of June.

To God be the glory.