1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Prayer request

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, May 27, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She is a "she." An Otterhound/Bassett mix. And she is doing fine. Thank you! And thanks for your thoughts and prayers. BTW - She started out [and remains] a family pet; but through process of elimination we discovered that her times of sitting a staring at me, or puching on my legs when walking with her, wer to warn me of impending sugar lows. She gives me ten to fifteen minute warning. She is now our family/service dog. She was easy to cetify as she was a natural in every area they graded her in.

She has helped me tremendously, especially out in stores, etc., by letting me know my sugars were dropping. :thumbsup:

2. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Said....

...."Because our pets come first, when sick or suffering, we thank God for plastic money."

When any living, breathing creature God put here on earth, and entrusted us to not only name, but care for [Noah cared by saving the creatures that god cared for]. If animals were merely just another object on the planet, then why did God require Noah to gather them up and tend to them for more than 40 days and nights? And by the time all those dous of animals and creatures finally got to the Ark, I'm sure Noah was taking care of them longer than the 40 days of the flood.

He's God. He could've easily destroyed this earth, and just replaced mankind, and the creatures, however. He didn't do that. He spared a certain number of living breathing creatures, which shows to me that animals were dear to His heart when He put them here; when He flooded the earth; and when He asked his Son to prepare a new heaven for the saved.

So, when I see a living breathing creature of God suffering and in pain, you can bet that I'll stop what I am doing and do what I can to help it.

If that is not what the spirit has placed in your heart, so be it....fortunately for me, He placed it on my heart, and I refuse to let someone like yourself criticize me for having the spirit of Noah.

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was God...

...selfish when He told Noah to build the ark just for his immediate family and the animals? Maybe God should have saved two of each human being from the many cultures and societies of this world, and just said tooooo bad for the creatures? After all, He is God....He could've started over and gave us an entire new world of creatures. BUT, HE DIDN'T, and if you can tell me why He saw it important enough to save a portion of each animal species over mankind, then, please fill in the empty cyber space page. I'm willing to listen to your rationale!

You must have your reasons. Did a dog bite you when you were a child? Maybe a cat scratched you, or a snake scared you. Or, worse yet, a low flying bird dumped on you head during a nice day at the park! :smilewinkgrin: You must have a reason for thinking less of God's creatures and for those who do not feel as you, so please elaborate....I'm willing to listen. I won't change my mind, but, you have my ear [er, eye], so unload...:sleep:

4. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

What does he say ?

5. Wherever You Go

Wherever You Go New Member

The rain was for 40 days and 40 nights, but Noah and the animals were in the ark for a year.

6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Originally Posted by Alive in Christ
    Praying is an integral part of my day..It comes naturally for me..I talk with God all day long, and He talks back.

Salzer mnt then posted...

Just what is needed.

7. salzer mtn

I didn't ask you.

8. Alive in Christ

yes you did. post 24

9. salzer mtn

You are right, the first time I've been wrong on this board. :laugh:

10. Alive in Christ

No problem. I have been wrong so many times I have lost count. :wavey:

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is absolutely astonishing! All I can say is....God is Good!! When we spoke of praying for pets, I never thought of service animals and the value they are to their owners.

I heard once of a cat at a nursing home that wouldn't let anyone hold it or even touch it. The nurses noticed that when one of the residents was about to die, the cat would go to the person and cuddle up near their head...the person would die within hours.

12. Alive in Christ

That eventually made national TV news if I recall correctly.

Amazing.

13. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't remember exactly where I heard it, but I am still flabbergasted by it.

(I used "flabbergasted" because I was going to say "amazed by it", but I saw you already used "amazing" and I had a brain freeze:smilewinkgrin:)

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a fact....

Here is the link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...at-predicts-50-deaths-in-RI-nursing-home.html

BTW- Not only does Skittles help identify my sugar lows, she has a special "uhuhuhuh" sound she makes when a family pet, or neighbor pet is about to die. she has never been wrong yet. She predicted the passing of our two other dogs and two cats.:tear:

I tell her all the time, "Do not do that special "Uhuhuh" with daddy or mommy!" So far, so good... :smilewinkgrin: