1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer request

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Judith, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I had heard just about all the ways people think they are going to heaven, at least the ones who think they are going, but today I got a shock. I was shocked because this person really believed what he told me, and even more shocked from where he got the idea.

Today a meter man came to change my meter and so I used the opportunity to speak to him about his spiritual condition. I found out that he is an Afghanistan veteran who fought in that war. When I asked him about what would happen if he would died tonight as to where he would go he said he would be walking with the brave. I had to question what that meant as it was new to me.

Our military is brain washing these young people into thinking that because they fight and are brave they will end up in a special place for such people. He told me that he and others like him are special and believe me he believed it. He was absolutely serious! They even have some kind of chant they do about this.

I then sought to tear down his false belief and point out that he is a serious sinner and that God is not going to give him some special place except hell if is he does not repent and come to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I also gave him some literature. He did listen and I could tell a crack was now in place of his faith in self, but it was too much for him to take in all at once and I saw that and even told him so and he agreed. I told him that the Lord would show Him what I had said was true.

Please pray for him. His name is Jacob. Also please pray for all our military personnel as it is clear that they, if not all, many, are being brain washed into the same kind of false religious system just like the terrorists they are fighting against.

The terrorists think they will go to heaven and have many virgins and our soldiers are being brain washed by our own military into thinking their bravery will get them into some special kind of heaven (afterlife) only for them. Certainly the devil is alive and well and working to destroy, but our God is faithful and He can overcome. PRAY! Pray that the Lord sends another and that Jacob will have ears to hear as well as others like him. :praying:

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    25 years active duty, 9 different bases, tours in Iraq and Afghanistan; and I never heard of anything like that. Praying for him.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if it was the Chaplains who were teaching / preaching this.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

He is in my prayers.

5. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you sister