1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayers for guidance for a local pastor

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Walter, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am a participant in at a local church which has a Celebrate Recovery group established. Our recovery group is almost a year old and has been growing. Our host church has been rocked by a scandal which involved the worship leader and possibly his brother who is the worship leader of our recovery group. Many of the participants in our program are either new Christians or have been absent from church for many years and have become involved in this church as a result of the recovery group that meets there. Many are confused, dismayed and/or angry with this situation. The pastor of the church and the board of elders are asking for prayer. We have already witnessed a decline in attendance in our group and I have heard the church is also experiencing decline in attendance as well. The church had tripled it's membership in the last two years and many decisions for Christ were being made. The devil could not have been pleased. I would appreciate your prayers.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will be praying for you, the pastor, the members of the church and the CR group.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm so sorry. It's so hard when there is a scandal and no matter how the church deals with it, there is going to be pruning happening. I pray that your pastors are dealing with it Biblically and that those who persevere will grow through this time. My prayers are with you all!

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly in my prayers. I hate this.