1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayers For SBTS President

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is an urgent prayer need for Dr Albert Mohler.

Click Here

Thought I would post this here in case some don't check the news board.

:praying:

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin Response

Martin,

Have you heard from Al today?

Let me know!

sdg!:tear:

rd

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is an update on his blog. He was removed from intensive care but is still in the hospital. This was a touch and go situation for a while. Keep in mind the blood clots in the lungs was what nearly killed John MacArthur a few years back. Those things are very dangerous even at Mohler's young age (47). We should all be greatful that the doctors caught what was causing his discomfort. Still, however, we should keep both Drs Mohler and Kennedy in our prayers. My understanding is that Kennedy had a pace maker put in because his heart attack was caused by an arrhythmia. My pastor had a "mild" heart attack (if there really is such a thing), and by-pass surgery, last year. What was strange with him was he thought he had the flu or something because he was feeling tired and like he had no energy. It was not until he developed an irregular heartbeat and pains in his left arm and chest area that he realized what was going on and went to the hospital. My pastor is much younger than Dr Kennedy (76).

BLOG LINK

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

6. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for linking us up to that. I have been so busy as of late, and distracted with other issues, that I had almost forgotten about Mohler. I think anyone who has been in the hospital for a serious reason can relate to most of what Mohler said. Everything he said is true. I could really relate to the following:

The last job I had required me, from time to time, to visit a military hospital. Sadly I viewed it as just a job. I went end, did my job, joked with fellow employees, explained some things to them, and left. Never once, that I recall, did I think about the many people in that hospital who could not just walk out and those who would never walk out. Wow, I think the Lord has used Mohler's words to hit me square in between the eyes with this. I moan and complain over minor stuff and there are people out there with "real" problems. Silly me. :tear: