1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Praying before meals

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Jun 29, 2013.

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you completely have destroyed that text with your false answer----------------Let me explain it to you friend.........................................................../
    First of all do you see YAH rebuking Peter for refusing to eat unclean things ?

That vision had nothing to do with Peter eating meats at all-----you misunderstand the whole text friend !!!!!

im gonna shorten this up the best way I can to you-------------------------

How many times was the vision shown to peter--------------------3
    How many men was sent to fetch peter---------------------------3
    It was unclean and against law for a Jew to be together with a Gentile--these 3 men were Gentiles coming to peter--Peter would have NEVER went with these Gentiles if it had not been for the vision--YAH was getting through to Peter that he was extending his GRACE to the gentiles also
    SO therefore Peter figured out what it meant when the 3 men arrived--and he went with them to the other Gentile man.

See friend the vision had NOTHING to do with saying you can transgress YAH's laws and eat as you please to fulfill your lustful desires as men say.
    Peter knew YAH wasn't going against his own HOLY LAWS---and Peter never ate ANY of the unclean beasts that YAH said NOT to eat.

YAH was telling Peter that he was about to cleanse that which was unclean

:love2::love2::love2::love2:

#21 HisWitness, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

1. You are correct that God was making a point with peter about Gentiles...but PART of that point was that also the FOODS of the gentiles were no longer unclean.

2. Paul understood this point perfectly:

Col 2:16 - Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions,4 puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

No longer are we under food laws, or laws about OT festivals or even sabbaths. Paul said one person observes special days, another doesn't, either is fine.

1 Tim 4:1 - Now the Spirit expressly says that yin later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, 3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

In the NT, post-christ era, Christians are not the same as OT Israel. God made pigs, and we can eat bacon and thank God for it.

3. The place of the OT law in the early church was debated, and at the Jerusalem council, (Acts 15) it was decided that the Gentiles did NOT need to obey all the OT laws about circumcision, food, etc...but they only asked them to abstain from thing directly liked to idols, immorality, and eating blood. SO....If i were jewish, you could perhaps make the case that I shoud continue not eating pork, even after becoming a Christian (I would disagree)...but since I'm a Gentile...it's a moot point.

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

friend that scripture does not mean that either-------------------------

Let NO man judge you(in the keeping of the laws pertaining unto)meat and so on---ok have it your way friend--they still kept the laws(commandments)

what do you think Yeshua's commandments were that he said if you loved him you would keep--seeing that the new testament wasn't even written at the time ????????? OT laws(commandments)

man truly does that that is right is in own eyes and NOT according to YAH

:love2::love2::love2::love2:

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I pray at meals, both at home and out to eat. No, cant say I pray every time I open a Diet Coke.

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

So what's your answer to the Jerusalem council?

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

acts 15-5

they were saying that the keeping of the law was necessary for salvation as also was men being circumcised---

verse 10-if keeping the whole law 100% was the qualification of being saved-----then Peter said that those who say such things are putting an unbearable yoke upon their necks---in essence NO man will be saved if that were the case.

verse 16--Through what---the GRACE of Yeshua salvation will come about.

those verses above has nothing to do with his commandments being abolished---its all about placing the unbearable burden upon them of keeping the law perfectly in order to receive Salvation.

verse 20--speaks to abstain from pollutions of idols(idol worship),fornications,and things strangled with blood

NO where in these verses do I see anything of them abolishing YAH's commandments at all.

Now don't get me wrong--we are not to keep offering sacrificing of dead animals and the killing of dead animals--Yeshua shed his Blood for Sin.

BUT 10 commandments and dietary laws and so forth--STILL are to be observed and kept by his people(Saints included) NOT to receive Salvation of Yeshua--that is already accomplished---BUT simply as Yeshua said-----------
    IF YOU LOVE ME--KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS