1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praying God's Protection on Pope Benedict

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jack Matthews, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

I hesitated before posting this, but got an email from a friend a few minutes ago, and decided to go ahead.

The Pope took a pretty hard hit this past week, by taking a stand for Christianity against Islam. From a historic perspective, his reference and statements were correct. We know what the reaction was from the Muslim world. I think it shows his heart when he was visibly and genuinely sorry for the anger his remarks had caused, but stopped well short of recanting and apologizing for saying them.

The end result of that is that he, along with hundreds of Christian missionaries, Catholic and Protestant, are in danger. Whether we agree with Catholic teaching or not, we need to stand behind them in prayer. Most non-Christians of other religions do not make the distinction between the branches of the Christian faith. I don't believe praying for someone's safety endorses their belief, nor does standing with them against evil.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed.

There is no question that Satan is now almost fully in control of Islam's most active and violent practitioners -- we certainly should pray for those brave Christians ministering in Islamic areas in general whether they be Catholic or Protestant.

In Christ,

Bob

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Father, work through this terrible incident to further your Kingdom . . .

May You be praised . . .

May your Kingdom be expanded . . . .

May You determine the outcome of these events.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't think he's in any danger. Satan is head of Islam and the RCC. This is all a diversion, IMO, away from Christ. A kingdom divided will fall, and I'm sure Satan knows that.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pope John Paul was shot by an Islamic devotee and there is no question but that other Catholic Christians have been tormented and one recently murdered by Islamic groups. As much as we may not like what the RCC has done in history - the Christians caught up in that are suffering.

Even God says "Come out of her MY people" he does not say "you belong to Satan I am sure he will take care of you".

For that reason - I say that even given the errors of the RCC we should be praying for the Christians in that denomination just like Christians in all denominations who might be in harm's way.

In Christ,

Bob

6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.
    Interestingly I watch the progress. Apparently what the Pope and RC have gained is the support from Protestants despite all the disagreements.
    What they lost is the mind of Muslim for a while, but I expect RC will try to compromise amazingly. At the end both RC and Muslim will get closer than ever. The only remaining problem will be the fundamental Protestants who don't know how to compromise with other religions and are hard headed claiming that Jesus is the only way by which one can and must be saved, the people of this world will say.

I don't have the personal evidence but heard and believe that the first wife of Mohammed was Kadija, the Catholic widow who was looking for a competent man among Arabians. Fatima was the daughter of Mohammed after whose name the mountain in Portugal was named. They will get closer quickly in dealing with Temple Mount and Jerusalem, as they need the help each other. The Anti-Christ will sit at the throne in Temple Mount as Jesus said in Mt 24:15 and Paul warned in 2 Thes 2:4. Vatican was behind Oslo agreement and Arafat agreed to hand over Temple Mount to Vatican as long as Catholic secure the state-ship of Palestine by working thru Catholic countries in Europe. The most EU countries are Catholic, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Ireland, Poland, Austria, and Germany has more Catholic than Protestants. There are plenty of bases by which both RC and Muslim can compromise each other.
    Both of RC and Islam will exchange the gifts each other when the True Christians are caught and persecuted as we read in Rev 11:10

In Asia, RC and Buddhists praise each other and they will be united without difficulty because RC is the typical Western Idolatry and Buddhism is the typical Oriental Idoaltry. Both pray with praying beads, both make Idols. Muslims use praying beads as well.
    All the religions in the world except the True Christians will be united under the headship of RC Pope.

What the Pope Benedict 16 said was quite correct, but he is retreating now. We will just watch the progress carefully and interestingly

#6 Eliyahu, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I thought I read a while ago about a future agreement between Israel, the RCC and Islam, with the muslims giving the temple mount to the RCC, the RCC giving the temple mount to Israel, and Israel giving land to the Palestinians. I can't remember where I read this, but a situation like this sure can start a process like this if it were true.