1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pre-possessed

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by NetChaplain, Oct 26, 2016.

1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Standing there alive could only be done by the spirit. The only reason your alive right now is by the spirit.

Your trying to split agape into different agape's and that is not going to work.

The Pharisees stance is only they were of God, CHOSEN by GOD, Children and with the holy spirit.
    And that only they were capable of righteousness.

What do you think it sounds like when I debate them?

A Good Samaritan does not work with your theology, The good Christian would have.
    Jesus Christ is commanding a Pharisee to GO AND DO LIKEWISE. So it doesn't matter who the Samaritan represents he wants the Pharisee to behave LIKEWISE.

Its sad Chap that I'm appealing to your mercy. And your ready to get rid of commandment because Christ says anyone can follow it.

They did not get rid of "love your neighbor" He did not get rid of "love God", He added new "love one another as I have loved you".

John 15
    12“This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13“Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

No love greater then to lay down your life for your friends.

Galatians 5

14For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

Those three commandments are one in the same. If they had gotten rid of love neighbor he would not have mentioned it here.

1 john 5

3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

Loving God and neighbor is nothing "special", it is a standard capability.

Luke 17

7But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? 8And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? 9Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. 10So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

^If you began to Love God and Neighbor you wouldn't need or be asking for reward or seeking to get paid. God does not even have to THANK YOU for doing what is right, because naturally your suppose to do what is right.

Capability of love God and neighbor is YOURS already, But its also not a big deal in that you would be doing anything to impress God because this is considered normal.

We don't get a round of applause for breathing all day, but we still need to breathe. Everything God commands we already have the capacity to accept, This is what makes rejection a sin.

2. NetChaplain

NetChaplain Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think the Pharisees new much of the Spirit of God, nor do I see anything indicating they were even concerned about Him, because it was a teaching of Christ.

The New Covenant is not to love God with all your being as before, but now it is with the Spirit and His being, as all things for those reborn are to be done by.

Scripture is always giving examples of law and grace to show the difference between the Covenants. Gal 5:14 is law of which Paul was reminding them entails not only the Mosaic law but all law.

This is grace, which can only be carried out by "Walking in the Spirit" (Gal 5:16), and which they were no longer under (v 18).

Referring to grace, which the law cannot provide enablement, being without the Spirit's indwelling.

Law

Capability of love God and neighbor is YOURS already, [/QUOTE]
    Before, believers loved God conditionally, e.g.according to their being, unlike now, by His Spirit and in the life of Christ.

I see a significance in learning to "divide" the Word by seeing where Scripture's indicating the contrast of law and grace. Law could only direct to grace, not provide it.