1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pre trib= "linier"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tamborine lady, Dec 20, 2011.

1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

sOMEONE ASKED ME THIS QUESTION TODAY

Someone asked me this question today and I don't know what they mean.
    They said someone who is pre trib is linier, and post tribbers are not. What does linier mean? Can someone help me?

Someone asked me this question today and I don't

2. tamborine lady

This is not a trick question, and I am not trying to start an argument. I simply don't understand what they are talking about. Any comment or theory will be appreciated.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

TL, I have no idea what the question means. Linier means in a line or line like. I think you need to ask the questioner for more details. If they asked me that question I would just say....HUH? :laugh:

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You interweb searches may be more fruitful if you use this spelling: linear.

5. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Perhaps they meant the Pre-trib reading of the visions/events described in Revelation is LINEAR and the Post-Trib reading is not.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Excellent guess!

7. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I have never heard of "linier". Perhaps they meant "linear", but like you, I still don't know that would relate to eschatology.

8. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

If "linear" is the correct word (it seems obvious now in that context :tonofbricks:), then it's most likely talking about the ordering of events. That each event mentioned occurs chronologically one after the other, where other interpretations have the same events repeating with more detains added, or insets that go to another time to connect it with the events.

9. tamborine lady

Thanks for all the help. I think it probably does mean that everything is in chronological order. Thanks again for all your suggestions and help.