1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, Post-Trib.....Where Are You, and Why?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by eightball, May 15, 2010.

1. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know (of course) that I know this, and I'm not advocating it either. What I'm saying Sir is simple: having the law written on the heart is a result of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit which all of those who are trusing in Christ have. This is not the same as keeping the commandments or the law of Moses-- which no one can do. Even those of the elect who are trusting in Christ and have the law written on their hearts and are yet living today on planet earth do not keep the law. Agree/disagree? We, as you know, are saved by our faith in the shed blood of Christ, not by the law being written on our hearts.

The Gospel, by the way can be found here: 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

The Gospel gift of grace is available to anyone (Jew/Gentile) who will by faith confess their sin and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. No mention of covenants, contracts, land grants, kingdoms and so forth.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1Cor 7:19 "What matters is keeping the Commandments of God"
    Rev 14:12 "here is the patience of the saints here are they that keep the Commandments of God"

Romans 6 is an entire chapter dedicated to the issue of keeping the Law once we are saved - not being a slave to sin.

In Romans 8:5-9 Paul argues that the lost are those who "do not subject themselves to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they".

1Cor 10 says "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man and God IS faithful who will not ALLOW you to be tempted beyond that which YOU are able.."

That is how you are saved - but once you are saved then it is "No longer I who live but CHRIST that lives IN ME" and the Romans 8 power comes into play "By the Spirit putting to death the deeds of the flesh".

The old "I do not obey God because I cannot obey God's word" is done away with in Romans 6, 1Cor 19, and Romans 8.

in Christ,

Bob

3. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So BobRyan,

You then confess to me that you keep the law, every bit of it, correct?