1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pre-Trib Rapture; Scriptural or Dispensational Fiction

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

All the wicked do die Amy, just like the flood. The point is, the righteous are saved, the wicked die. All the wicked will die in the Great Tribulation as they did in the flood. Jesus said so as in the days of Noah...

Just so happens to be there were only 8 righteous at the time. It's hardly worse that there are many more today :)

#102 webdog, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
  3. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Then why flee to the mountains?

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who's fleeing to the mountains?

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Ed

Unless you can support your post with Scripture I would say you are wrong on all counts.

6. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Sorry, I didn't see the question.

Who did Jesus ID as being the "Son of perdition".

Ge 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;

Are these seeds "plural" or "Singular"???

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who are the two witnesses who appeared with Jesus on the Mt of transfiguration??

One prophecy can have a "DUAL" fulfillment, one "Spiritual" to cover Jesus's first coming, one "Literal" to cover his second coming,

"Preterist" see the spiritual, Church sees the "literal", few see both sides of the prophecy.

Day of the lord is when the messiah comes to Jerusalem, he's been there once, lacking "SPIRITUAL VISION" they didn't recognize him, but literal vision will be all they need when he returns.

7. OldRegular

As has been pointed out ad infinitum the great tribulation Jesus Christ was talking about in Matthew was the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 Ad and has nothing to do with the so-called rapture. Please note that jesus christ was asked 3 questions by the disciples in Matthew 24. He answered all. Only those with spiritual discernment can understand.

Matthew 24:1-4
    1. And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
    2. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
    3. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying,
    [a] Tell us, when shall these things be? and
    what shall be the sign of thy coming, and
    [c] of the end of the world?
    4. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

It appears that many have been deceived by the teaching of Darby and Scofield!:tear: :tear:

8. OldRegular

And just what Scripture do you base that astonishing observation upon? Or is it indeed a New Revelation from God?

9. OldRegular

The Gospel of Matthew tells us : Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: [Matthew 24:16].:laugh:

History tells us that Christians in Jerusalem were warned [apparently supernaturally] to leave the city. They went to a place called Pella.:sleep:

10. OldRegular

Great point Amy! Not that any dispensationalist will pay attention.

11. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

Mat 24:16 Then let those in Judea flee into the mountains

12. Grasshopper

Site Supporter

13. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Judas was ID as the "Son of perdition".

The "war" between the two "SONS" (Son of God, Son of Satan) end when Jesus destroys the AC (son of perdition) with the brighness of his coming,

but the war between the two "FATHERS", (God/Satan) doesn't end until after the MK and at the GWT.

Satan is only bound up when Jesus returns to destroy Satan's son.

yep.

because there's only two coming of Jesus "TO THE EARTH", in the rapture we meet him in the air, return to heaven.

Do you think God is going to allow the rebuild temple where the ABOD take place to remain standing, or destroyed as in 70AD???

Jer 25:33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

Mr 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved:

The first 69 weeks of Daniel's prophecy was "literal" (law and prophets)

Then "Spiritual", Jesus/Comforter/Holy Ghost/Church.

The last week of Daniel's prophecy (trib) is "literal", (Law and prophet/two witness/Moses (law giver) Elijah, (Prophet).

Leadership by both the Law and prophets and the "Comforter" (Jesus) can't function at the same time, same time frame, too many contradiction between them,

There's quite a list of them but an easy one to understand is that Satan must flee from Saints indwelled by the "COMFORTER", but with the rapture, the Comforter/church is gone,

As "Chastisement", satan is free to attack/prevail over those who become saints during the trib.

Ec 4:1 So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Was the prophecy that was given to Daniel for the Jews or the church?

I think it was for the Jews, since they are the ones that God sent the prophets to. So why should we think that the 70th week of Daniel has anything to do with the church? What purpose would God have in telling Daniel to prophesy to the Jews about the church, of which they could not have possibly been able to understand?

The 70th week must have been for the Jews and has nothing to do with the church.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Because the flood was sudden death for everyone outside of the ark.

In the great tribulation extreme suffering goes on for a protracted time with no escape by death until the appointed time.

Revelation 8
    5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
    6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

RE: The start of the wrath of God:

This IMO is a generalized statement and even has a future tense “who shall be able to stand”

In Revelation 16:1 the command goes out in the imperative;
    And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.​

There are exceptions to several verses “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God”, all except Jesus.

And in fact there would not be a king like Solomon even Jesus in that Jesus did not sin, nor would he ever.

So that is one way in which Jesus is/was unlike Solomon.

Personally I don’t think that in this case Jesus used a Hebraic idiom which crossed over into the koine although it does happen.

HankD

16. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Well said, and this is why dispensationalism is the only thing that makes sense of all of Scripture.

17. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The flood-rapture analogy doesn't fly. The eight righteous people were not taken away from the flood. The were preserved right smack-dab in the middle of it.

18. Allan

Allan Active Member

Actaully, they were shut up and away from any possible harm. Yes, there in a geographical sense not in actaully 'in' or apart of the judgment bestowed. Therefore let us ask the most interesting question, where were they? Were they not 'above' the death and destuction? Where they not in the 'heavens' (the sky) so to speak- because the water rose even above the mountain tops. Were they were removed from the wrath that was sent by God to destroy the ungodly.

The correlation that can be seen is interesting to say the least. I find Jesus own words about "many are called but few are chosen" to be an interesting correlation to Naoh's account as well. Where many were called but few were saved. But agian this is speculative imagry.

Just a fun note here though. If you check you scripture you will find that only Noah was called rightous, not the other seven.
    Though scripture does say he was the 8th person on the Ark:
    And then here is another strange thing, God did not remember the 8 after the flood to cause the waters to go down but only Noah.

#118 Allan, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
  19. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Obviously, if the 69th week ended with the messiah being "cut off" and the 70th week doesn't begin until after the "Messiah/church" leaves the world, (rapture)

the church is not involved in Daniel's prophecy, which it "Very clearly states", "THY PEOPLE", Daniel's people, Jews.

Jesus/church was a "mystery" not revealed to Israel, clues about it are there, (OT) but have to be "Spiritually deciphered".

The disciples ask Jesus when he would restore Israel, he said it wasn't for "THEM" to know,

But it is for us, there's a two thousand year (two days) gap between the 69th and 70th week.

Ho 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

with Israel (her branch) prophesied to be the last generation, and six days of work, another 'Day of rest" (MK) prophesied for the world,

Israel could only be restored within a generation of the end of that sixth day, 1948 is well within that time frame,

The 3th day (from Jesus) is the 7th day, or MK, when Jesus promise he would be back on the earth in the "FIRST RESURRECTION" and we would "ALL" live in his sight. (live and reign)

Everything is coming together, precisely as prophesied, even the "New world Order". (Banking Empire/can't buy/sell)

Got your bags packed??? :eek: :laugh:

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know the Scripture, I'm asking you "who" are fleeing to the mountains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.