1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preaching problem

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Askjo, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

[ May 09, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Askjo ]

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The point you should be making is that one of these men is wrong. This has nothign to do with the version they use. It has to do with their belief. Many oneness pentecostals use the KJV and support their doctrine from it. The reality is that the NIV is as clear, if not clearer, on the deity of Christ than the KJV is.

Attack the problem: The doctrine of these men. Don't attack something that has nothing to do with the the problem.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Pastor Larry is correct. It is reduction to the absurd to link MVs with liberal doctrine. Liberals used the KJV also.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I concur with Tom and Larry. Though I recommend and promote the KJV, I must say that, if what I believe (in general) is the truth, then there is MUCH MORE false doctrine than true doctrine taught by people who use the KJV. Of course, the same would also be true concerning the NIV, NAS, etc.. The charge of false doctrine must be laid at the feet of those who teach it, and has little or nothing to do with which version they use.

5. uhdum

uhdum New Member

Agreed. It's not hard to find people who use the KJV that support baptismal regeneration, for example.

The fault lies in their beliefs, not the version.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Having said all that, a version may add to some confusion (KJV in Acts is misused by second Holy Spirit baptism folks, for example). But the conscientious Bible student will dig enough to evade these pitfalls.

7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But incidents of confusion are not limited to one version.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints uses the KJV exclusively and they do not support the orthodox definition of the Trinity.

HankD

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

But incidents of confusion are not limited to one version. </font>[/QUOTE]I wasn't trying to imply that they were. [​IMG]

10. Bugman

Bugman New Member

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints uses the KJV exclusively and they do not support the orthodox definition of the Trinity."

So did the JWs until they created their own version.

Bryan