1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preaching Series

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by PastorDave, Sep 21, 2005.

1. PastorDave

PastorDave New Member

Do you typically preach through a series in your Sunday AM preaching? If so, what are some of the ones that you have enjoyed preaching the most?

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm not a pastor, but I was a Sunday School teacher. I always tried to do a series. One of my favorites wa a series on the Ten Commandments and a series on the Beatitudes.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am generally always in a series. I really have enjoyed them all but probably my favorite has been a series on the Sermon on the Mount and a series through Philippians.

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

"Sermon on the Mount" - now that preaches!

SBC, what have your individual sermon titles been in that series?

5. PastorSBC1303

USN, when I get back in my office tomorrow I will post them for ya.

6. PastorSBC1303

Here are my sermon titles from the series on the Sermon on the Mount entitled "Following the Words of Christ"

A Life of Blessing Matthew 5:1-12

What Should My Life Do? Matthew 5:13-16

Jesus: The Key to a Fulfilled Life Matthew 5:17-20

Sin Among Friends Matthew 5:21-26

The Sanctity of Marriage Matthew 5:27-32

Say What You Mean! Matthew 5:33-37

Tough Times Matthew 5:38-42

Love: Do I Have To? Matthew 5:43-48

Giving From the Heart Matthew 6:1-4

Praying From the Heart Matthew 6:5-15

Fasting From the Heart Matthew 6:16-18

Where is Your Treasure? Matthew 6:19-24

Is There a Cure for Worry? Matthew 6:25-34

Is That a Log? Matthew 7:1-6

Why Should I Pray? Matthew 7:7-12

The Road Less Traveled Matthew 7:13-14

The True Test Matthew 7:15-23

A Faithful Life... Matthew 7:24-29

7. PastorSBC1303

I forgot to mention that I am currently in a series on Sunday mornings through the book of Malachi entitles "A Healthy Honor for God" which I have really enjoyed, the prophets make great preaching material.

8. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

For the most part, I preach 4-6 week series that vary on type and content. At times I preach expositional series (but almost always within the 4-6 week framework) and at other times I preach topical series. However over a given year or two there are definite subject matters that we want to address in a series. I used to be a straight expositional, verse-by-verse, through books preacher, but I moved away from that format a few years ago for certain reasons. I am glad I made the transition. It has radically changed the way I preach and the response of the people.

I am not saying either way is exclusively right or wrong. It totally depends on context and intent. But series preaching works best for us.

9. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Good titles, SBC.

Right now, we're in a series on Acts 1:8. These aren't the "titles," because I'm not imaginitive enough to make up good titles, but this is what we talked about (relative to Acts 1:8):

</font>
    • You will recieve power.</font>
    • The ends of the earth</font>
    • Samaria</font>
    • Judea</font>
    • Jerusalem (this Sunday)</font>
    Perhaps it's not the most brilliantly concieved or original preaching series in the world, but for my church, I believe it's an important reminder about our commission.

10. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

I am currently preaching in Mark, and have been for the last year. I am already up to chapter 10! I jokingly told them two weeks ago that it looks like I should be able finish it up in the next year or so.

11. PastorDave

PastorDave New Member

All about Grace, I have done much the same, at least in my Sunday AM preaching (Sunday nights and Wed. nights I tend to teach/preach through books of the Bible verse by verse.) A couple of recent examples: I preached a series entitled "The Believers extreme makeover" based on Eph. 4:22-32 and "The Marks of a True Believer" based on I John. What are a couple of examples of series you have preached?

12. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

Right now we are in a series entitled "Getting Real about Everyday Issues". We are talking about worry, fear, guilt and margin. We keep our series very simple and practical right now because we are in an extremely unchurched area and we attract unbelievers. We do not have Sun PM or Wed PM.