1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace in Salvation

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

That verse says nothing about Salvation by works or by keeping commandments ! To Repent is to keep a commandment Acts 17:30

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

To repent is something man does, a work, a performance, so if that is why man gets saved, then that is Salvation by works or by performance, that is a false Gospel.. Now tell me that repentance is not something man does !

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Count me in with Chowmah...... and Scripture. Repentance is indeed something God requires man to do. That is no false gospel, it is the gospel truth.

#62 Heavenly Pilgrim, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
  3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

hp

So I can offically state that you beleive in Salvation by works, something man does. That is a false Gospel and opposed to the plain teaching of Scripture. Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You reject Salvation by Grace through Faith ! It cannot be of both Rom 11:5-6

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more
    grace.
    But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

4. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Savedby mercy
    Youve got to look past the one liners youve been taught ole buddy. Read verses 10-11 to. Ya gotta walk the walk

EPH.2 [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.[10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto GOOD WORKS, which God hath before ordained that WE SHOULD WALK in them.

Good works? Before ordained that we should walk in? Ya really dont hear that comin from the sunday mornin pulpiteers.

PSALM 78 [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.[2] I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN A PARABLE: I will utter dark sayings of old:[3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.[4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.[5] For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:[6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:[7] That they might set their hope in God, AND NOT FORGET THE WORKS OF GOD, BUT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:[8] And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.[9] The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.[10] THEY KEPT NOT THE COVENANT OF GOD, AND REFUSED TO WALK IN HIS LAW;[11] AND FORGAT HIS WORKS, and his wonders that he had shewed them.

We all know who opened his mouth in parables and who established a testimony in Jacob. Yup, its JESUS CHRIST. So according to Eph.2 Gods people who recieve the free gift of grace, will be walking in the “WORKS” that God ordained. But...verse 9 and 10 prophecies of what will happen to the “many”, because they refuse to walk the walk after the 10 commandments.

5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

And not only that savedbymercy

keep reading Eph.2

EPHES. 2 [11] Wherefore remember, that ye being IN TIME PAST GENTILES in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Gods covenants were for Israel only. Not no more. We were once strangers from Gods covenants of promise, having no hope. BUT NOW in Christ, should we take hold of those covenants, we have hope

ISAIAH 56 [6] Also the sons of THE STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one THAT KEEPETH THE SABBATH from polluting it, and TAKETH HOLD OF MY COVENANT; [7] EVEN THEM WILL I BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for ALL PEOPLE.

Even them (us gentile strangers mentioned in Ephes.2) will He bring to His holy mountain, if we should take hold of His sabbath covenant. Jesus will bring us to the 1000yr period of rest

ISAIAH 65 [25] The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my HOLY MOUNTAIN, saith the Lord.

Always did want a pet wolf

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Google 'massive wolf'

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

How about it SBM? Now that you have charged me with blasphemy, I have a question to ask you. Would one be guilty of blasphemy for stating that we are not saved by grace alone, or not by mercy alone, or just if one states we are not saved by the atonement alone? Please support your charges with Scripture and or reason.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

chow

Excuse me, but the walk comes after being made a New Creation.

Eph 2:10

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Paul is not teaching that they were created in Christ Jesus by their good works, but unto good works..

So the issue here is that people are teaching that one is saved by their works ! Thats False.

Paul plainly says Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Now if you wanna insist that it is of works, thats you, but I must warn you, that is a False Teaching...

9. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Yeah, it is grace through faith. But before faith came.....

GALATIANS 3 [23] But BEFORE FAITH CAME, WE WERE KEPT UNDER THE LAW, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. [24] WHEREFORE THE LAW WAS OUR SCHOOLMASTER TO BRING US UNTO CHRIST, THAT WE MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH. [25] But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. [26] For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. [27] For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. [29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

This scripture says what it says. Before faith came to each and everyone of us, we are under the law (10 commandments). Then the scripture goes on to say the same thing again (in case you missed it the 1st time). We are under the law (our schoolmaster) UNTIL we are justified by faith. Faith is not something that you mysteriously attain attain at birth. So, according to this scripture you are kept under the law of the 10 commandments (the schoolmaster) until you are justified by faith in Christ. No shortcuts. Then there is no condemnation. After we have been brought to faith in Christ, do we then make void the law or are we to still be keeping Gods law?

ROMANS 3 [30] Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. [31] DO WE THEN MAKE VOID THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID: yea, we establish the law.

Just because we have attained faith through the Word are we now to “do away” with Gods 10 commandments? GOD FORBID!

REV. 14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and THE FAITH OF JESUS.

Wouldnt you like to be one of those saints my friend?

#69 Chowmah, Nov 15, 2011
  10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

chow

salvation has always been by Grace through Faith.

11. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Thats what i said

Your saved by grace through faith. Your works could never do it. Not even come close

12. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Ya know savedbygrace, its not our beginning or our middle, its our end. We gotta get it right no matter how long it takes. The scriptures dont lie. Most of those one liners that are used against the law are speaking about circumcision only. Im not in the mood to ramble so ill just post more scriptures

HEBREWS 13 [8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Does this new testament scripture really mean what it says?

PROVERBS 24 [19] Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked;[20] For there shall be no reward to the evil man; THE CANDLE OF THE WICKED SHALL BE PUT OUT.[21] My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and MEDDLE NOT WITH THEM THAT ARE GIVEN TO CHANGE:[22] For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

PSALM 89 [30] IF HIS CHILDREN FORSAKE MY LAW, and walk not in my judgments; [31] If they break my statutes, AND KEEP NOT MY COMMANDMENTS; [32] Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. [33] Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. [34] MY COVENANT WILL I NOT BREAK, NOR ALTER the thing that is gone out of my lips.

The "many" believe that Gods 4th commandment has been altered

ECCLES. 3 [14] I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOETH, IT SHALL BE FOR EVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. [15] That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

MALACHI 3 [2] BUT WHO MAY ABIDE THE DAY OF HIS COMING? AND WHO SHALL STAND WHEN HE APPEARETH? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:[3] And he shall sit as a refiner and purifer of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.[4] Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.[5] And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.[6] FOR I AM THE LORD, I CHANGE NOT;

But who may abide the day of his coming? Yeah! The day He sets up His Kingdom. Well, in the old testament you find that Lord does not change also. So why do the “many” believe that their god is a wishy washy God. Changing continually.

Old testament – keep the sabbath
    New testament – dont bother
    1000 yr rest (in the Kingdom) – Gotta keep the sabbath again (scripture below)

ISAIAH 66 [22] For as the NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain. [23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, shall ALL FLESH COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME, saith the Lord.

So has the sabbath been changed or altered? The "many" make that claim. But i gotta believe that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

I agree with Chowmah on being saved by grace through faith and not by our works. :thumbs:

14. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Howdy Pilgrim {my best JW impersonation}. I shall do that. Thanks

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

It is quite clear that you believe in salvation by what you do, so, no you do not believe in salvation by Grace through Faith, but by works..

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

chow

Keep thinking that, you believing in salvation by your works is a false Gospel..

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

chow

You do not believe that, you just say you do, however you believe in salvation by works, by what a man performs..

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

SBM, you need to respond to post #67

19. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Lets keep it simple

PSALM 119 [166]Lord, I HAVE HOPED FOR THY SALVATION, AND DONE THY COMMANDMENTS. [167] My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly. [168] I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee. [169] Let my cry come near before thee, O Lord: give me understanding according to thy word. [170] Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word. [171] My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes. [172] My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. [173] Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts. [174] I HAVE LONGED FOR THY SALVATION, O LORD; AND THY LAW IS MY DELIGHT.

Lets believe what HE says.

Do ya believe that the whole world has been decieved as the bible says? Do ya believe the scriptures?

Keep in mind that the new testament scriptures say the old testament was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit

#79 Chowmah, Nov 15, 2011
  20. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Well my good friend
    SBM does not respond to any of the scriptures i posted. Pray for him. He seems to be a man who looks for the truth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.