1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace in Salvation

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

EZEK.14 9] And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.[10] And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: THE PUNISHMENT OF THE PROPHET SHALL BE EVEN AS THE PUNISHMENT OF HIM THAT SEEKETH UNTO HIM;

In the end we gotta get it right

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

hp

Because Salvation is by Grace alone. Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:5

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

Acts 15:11

But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Rom 11:5-6

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

And yes you are guilty of blapheming for denying what God says, and then promoting the lie that man is saved by works,by what he does..

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

salvation is not by works , by what a man does ! Eph 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

4. lakeside

lakeside New Member

Catholic soteriology (salvation theology) is rooted in apostolic Tradition and Scripture and says that it is only by God's grace--completely unmerited by works--that one is saved.

The Church teaches that it's God's grace from beginning to end which justifies, sanctifies, and saves us. As Paul explains in Philippians 2:13, "God is the one, who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work."

Notice that Paul's words presuppose that the faithful Christian is not just desiring to be righteous, but is actively working toward it. This is the second half of the justification equation, and Protestants either miss or ignore it.

James 2:17 reminds us that "faith of itself, if it does not have work, is dead." In verse 24 James says, "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." And later: "For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead" (2:26).

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

SBM , did DHK blaspheme when he stated "...grace does not save..."?

6. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Hello Pilgrim
    He will not respond to any of the scriptures i posted. He seems to only believe Eph.2 [8-9] without looking any further into its true meaning. It could be worse Pilgrim....At least he didnt OCD on scripture below

Pss.47
    [2] For the LORD most high is terrible;

7. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Good morning Pilgrim

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ls

It is. All Christian work and labour is only by Grace, Paul tells us that. 1 Cor 15:10

10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Paul does not take any credit at all...

#88 savedbymercy, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  9. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

I certainly hope that those on the list are paying close attention to the manner in which savedbymercy casts vitriolic personal attacks at anyone that dare even question the Calvinism he/she espouses. Such an individual should not receive a welcome place on a discussion board that allows and encourages those of other faiths to share their thoughts.

It should give pause to turn our attention to history. I would ask the list, if such an individual was granted full power and authority to carry out terror and even death upon those that dare take a stand against the positions held by such an authority, what do you believe would be the actions emanating from such an abusive authoritarian figure? We can go to history and learn full well the results of such individuals with the power and control to carry out their hatred on those that dare disagree with them. Two such cases come clearly to mind, both holding views espoused on this list by savedbymercy. Augustine took his hatred and vengeance out on Pelagius, and Calvin vented his anger in allowing Servetus, his detractor, burned at the stake. Not only burned, but burned with green and or wet wood to prolong the suffering caused by the slow burning flames.

Like it or not, that is the history of men, who mirrored the vitriol and complete lack of tolerance savedbymercy has on this list demonstrated, towards those they, in their warped theological minds, deemed as blasphemers.

In both cases mentioned above, words in like kind to those emanating from savedbymercy preceded the wicked and selfish actions of those historic events. Regardless of how any individual justifies such hate filled language, it should never be allowed or tolerated on a Christian discussion list, especially one that welcomes the thoughts of others of differing theological persuasions.

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Gospel is what God promised He would do ! Gal 3:8

When understanding the Gospel of God, it is always wise to consider what all scripture says about it either directly, and indirectly. We have a portion of what the scripture calls the Gospel directly here in 1 Cor 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

however, by no means is this record of the historical record of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection the total Gospel without further clarification. For instance, Who is Christ in vs 3 ? That needs to be clarified when preaching the Gospel !

Now another scripture that directly states what the Gospel is , is found here Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So there must be a connection with this verse, and 1 Cor 15:3-4 !

Now we know that When God told Abraham that in Him Shall all Nations be Blessed, it was connected to God Justifying the heathen through Faith !

That is what is meant couched in the words that God spake to Abraham here Gen 12:1-3

1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Now this was repeated by Peter here to some jews he preached to Acts 3:25

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

So the Gentiles are included in the same promise God made to Abraham, which Paul states in Eph 3:6

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Now you see that ? Who would have guessed that God spoke to Abraham about the Doctrine of Justification by Faith ?, But that is clearly what God meant when He declared the Gospel to Abraham " In thee shall all nations be blessed"

Now, what is the blessing ? It is Justification by or through Faith to His Seed Rom 3:30

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

The word shall denotes a Promise, Justification by or through Faith is something God Promised to do, and not something man is conditioned to do to cause God to Justify him as the False Gospel preachers of our teach. And Justification by Faith and Justification through Faith, are one and the same !

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

So Justification or Justification by Faith is a Gospel Promise, it is not a condition for man to get saved, as the False Teachers teach.

Justification is resultant of God's Grace Titus 3:7

7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

It is resultant of Christ's Blood Rom 5:9

9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

And Faith accompanies Justification ! Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So Justification through Faith is the Gift of God ! That is the same thing Eph 2:8 states, that Salvation by Grace through Faith , is the Gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast !

Faith will be given to those God Justifies Rom 8:33

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

So it is the Faith of God's Elect Titus 1:1

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now the point again here is that the promise of the Gospel is that God would Justify the heathen through Faith, so Justification by Faith is conditioned , not on mans freewill, but on God's Promise. This is something God promised He would do.

You see how man has perverted God's word ? They have taken a unconditional Promise of the Gospel, Justification by Faith, and have imposed a man made condition upon it that man must meet, and to make it even more twisted, the very condition they impose, is what God has already graciously promised to give and do, to Justify many by Faith ! Don't take my word for it, the scripture is clear in Gal 3:8 as to what the Gospel was to Abraham. What God declared there was His Immutable and Eternal Decree, this Justification of the Heathen by faith, was part of an Eternal Purpose Eph 3:11 that had been realized in Christ ! Its by His Death, that God Justifes [by Faith] many ! Isa 53:11

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Thats a Gospel Promise !

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Something to know about the Gospel !

Many False preachers are teaching that the Gospel is some kind of offer to all men [without exception], basically they say Christ has died for everyone's sins in order to make it possible that they can get saved if they only accept the gift of what Christ has done and made it possible for them to get saved. Folks that is one of the biggest lies ever told. The Gospel is founded upon promise, of what God said He is going to do, for a certain people ! That this is True, read Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. BTW this took place in Gen 12:1-3, and Abraham was a non jew at the time, he would be considered a gentile, uncircumcised. Thats what Paul means by this statement Rom 4:8-10

8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

Now, do you see that ? The Gospel is premised on a absolute promise of God, that He is going to Justify the heathen by Faith, which is based upon another promise, that being God announcing that in Abraham's Seed, all Nations shall be blessed. This has reference to the work of Christ. Again God first preached this promise to Abraham back in Gen 12:1-3

1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

So there you have it, the Gospel is the proclaiming of the fulfillment of that Promise, and not a general offer. Peter realizes this in what He said to these jews he preached the Gospel to Acts 3:25-26

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

You see that ? because it was the fulfillment of God's Promise, God sent Jesus Christ to bless some of them, by turning them away from their sins ! You see, the Gospel is not an Offer, but God realizing His promise to certain people to do what He said He would do. Now those who fail to make this distinction, and preach the gospel as an conditional offer to everyone to accept or reject, be it known to you, they are preaching a false Gospel, no matter who it is ! Gal 1:8-9

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Paul shows no mercy here to False Preachers of the Gospel !

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Promise of Grace to a certain People !

The Gospel is a Promise of Grace that would come upon a certain People 1 Pet 1:10-12

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

This is quite plain, that the Gospel is that report to some that Grace was promised to come to ! The Sufferings of Christ was connected to that Promise, and the Glory that would follow !

Notice again vs 10, the Prophets, that is the OT Prophets, like Isaiah, announced this Salvation, and that is why Paul writes that the Preached Gospel is built upon the foundation of the Apostles and the Prophets Eph 2:17-20

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

The Apostle's are now showing how that the Promised Salvation proclaimed by the OT Prophets finds its fulfillment in Christ the Chief cornerstone, and the Church, the Lively stones, stones in this building and to whom the focus of the promises pertained !

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

A Promise of Grace to a certain People ! Cont

Now where these Gospel Promises of Grace for the whole World ? Yes, Look back at the original Promise to Abraham Gen 12:3

All Families of the Earth SHALL BE Blessed ! This is a Promise, the word SHALL denotes that !

The Promise is to all the Families of the Earth, or to all kinds or Nations, which is the World. This comes to pass in the song of Rev 5:9

9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; = The whole world !

Now were the Gospel promises to everyone without exception ? No, they were confined to One particular Seed, The Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Now, who wants to deny that the promises[of the Gospel] were made to only one seed ? The scripture says it plainly, the promises were made to one seed, singular !

However this one particular Seed of Abraham was located in All nations, and not just one particular, this we know from Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

So it is in this manner that the Gospel Promises were made to the whole World [All Nations or Families of the Earth] but still to a particular Seed, the Seed of Abraham ! That Seed as Gal 3:16 states, is Christ, which means Christ and His Church which are One, Christ !

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The True Gospel of the Grace of God !

Acts 20:24-27

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Many have not only shunned the testimony of the Gospel of the Grace of God, but they altogether reject it and oppose it !

The True Gospel, the Gospel of God's Grace, proclaims God the Father's Sovereign and Eternal Election Eph 1:3-6

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

See also 2 Thess 2:13-14

It proclaims Christ's particular and Efficacious and vicarious redemptive death for His People the Church Isa 53:6-11

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Jn 10:11,15

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Gal 3:13

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

That is an accomplished fact of the Death of Christ for anyone He died for, they have been forever redeemed from the curse of the Law Heb 9:12

12Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. All for whom Christ died have been Eternally delivered from the penalty of their sins ! Thats what meant by He having obtained Eternal Redemption for us, those He died for. Thats Gospel !

It is a Eternal Redemption because it includes all True Believers of every dispensation, The OT Saints and NT Saints. When redemption of the soul is mentioned in the OT as per Ps 49:8

8(For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever )

Titus 2:14

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

And Finally, the Gospel Proclaims the Sovereign Work of the Holy Spirit as He is the One who Applies Salvation and Redemption to the Chosen Ones, to include the Effectual Call utilizing the Gospel, the Word of Truth

2 Thess 2:14

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

His Sovereign Grace communicating New Life from Christ to those Christ redeemed by His Death Jn 3:5-8

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Ps 65:4

4Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

A Gospel Mystery !

Eph 6:19-20

19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Scripture, particularly the NT is full of statements that indicate that the Gospel is a Mystery, that means experiential knowledge of it is not attainable by the natural man. Paul makes that clear in 1 Cor 2:14

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The things of the Spirit of God here is primarily the Gospel ! We know this from vs 13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

What are the things WE SPEAK ? The word speak here is the greek word laleō and it is translated also preach as here Acts 13:42

42And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Acts 14:25

25And when they had preached the word in Perga, they went down into Attalia:

And with even more significance its the same word used in Acts 18:9

9Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

Now if you do not realize it, Paul was in Corinth when the Lord gave him this imperative !

So that takes us back to 1 Cor 2:13

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

These things they speak refers to the Gospel.

Now Paul says immediately after this verse in vs 14 about those things they speak which is the Gospel

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Natural man receives not the the things [Gospel] of the Spirit of God.

This means, that those who did receive the word spoken or preached by the Apostles as per Acts 11:1

And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

Acts 17:11

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1 Thess 1:6

And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

These were not natural men, that is these were people who had been again of the Spirit of God, they had to be in order to receive the Gospel, the word of Truth. If not, then Paul lied in 1 Cor 2:14 !

In fact, that is what Jn 1:12-13 teaches as well Jn 1:12-13

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Those who received the Incarnate word, had to be born again or of God also to receive Him, as Paul indicates that one must be born again to receive the Peached word, which is all about the Incarnate Word ! These things are True because the Gospel is a Mystery, in fact a series of Mysteries, that cannot be understood and received by the Natural man !

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Gospel a Mystery

I have been showing that the Gospel is a Mystery and must be revealed, and it is not a message for the Natural Man 1 Cor 2:14, but it is to a Spiritual Man, birthed into God's Spiritual Kingdom Jn 3:3. The statement of 1 Cor 2:14 is in the context whereby the Gospel is pointed out to be a Mystery which He Speaks 1 Cor 2:1-7

1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Notice vs 7, Paul says that we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which is the Gospel, a wisdom or Gospel to a specific people vs 6 "them that are perfect"

Now this does not mean perfect as in a sinless perfection, the Corinthians were far from that, but the same word is used in Phil 3:15

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Even here it does not mean perfect in Knowledge, or else, why would anything else need to be revealed to them ?

However this perfect denotes that they are recipients and benefactors of a Perfected work by Christ Heb 10:14

14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified

They will receive a perfect revelation of God through Jesus Christ as a New Covenant Blessing Heb 8:11

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

They will be fully instructed in the things of God 1 Jn 2:20,27

20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Again, this does not mean they are omniscience, but they were given a capacity to discern the Truth of the Gospel, which is a Perfect Revelation, though still a progressive one, truth built upon truth !

27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

This word teacheth is the greek word didaskō and means:

to teach one

a) to impart instruction

b) instill doctrine into one

c) the thing taught or enjoined

d) to explain or expound a thing

f) to teach one something

Also the word is in the present tense, so that the anointing given them, is continually teaching them.

What is this Anointing ? It is the Holy Spirit, who teaches the Church all Truth, that is His Perfect Work to the Church !

That same word Teach is used by Jesus of the Holy Spirit here Jn 14:26

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Now this promise was not limited to the Disciples, for it was given to them as they were Representative of the whole Body of Christ, and so that is why John says the very same thing to the believers in His Time as Jesus told him here in Jn 14:26, that the Holy Spirit would teach them all things . Notice

1 Jn 2:27

27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

John, who by the way wrote the Gospel of John also, applies the Promise he received from Christ in Jn 14:26 to the believers he writes to in 1 Jn 2:27..

So the " them that are perfect" in 1 Cor 2:6 are those born of the Spirit and have received His abiding anointing, which He will abide with them forever..

Jn 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

That same word abide is used in 1 Jn 2:27

So these are the ones the Gospel mystery is spoken among, the perfect 1 Cor 2:6..

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Not Just One Mystery

Now the Gospel is just not one Mystery, but a system of or series of Mysteries, or more than one Matt 13:11

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Now one of the Mysteries of the Gospel that has been revealed, especially to Paul, is the Mystical Union of Christ and His Church, such a Union that formed the basis of His dying for it's sins !

Eph 5:25-32

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Now the very first verse of this passage vs 25would be remiss if it did not set forth by analogy, of the One Flesh relationship of Husband and Wife, the basis or foundation of why Christ gave His Life for the Church, that would be because Christ and His Church were also in a One Flesh Relationship. There could be no legal basis that Justice could accept if there had been no Union with Christ and His Church, those He is explicitly said to have given Himself for Eph 5:25. So 1 Cor 15:3, could not be true if those whose sins Christ is stated to have died for, had not been in Union with, one flesh with, Christ when He died, this was a Mystery revealed to Paul in the Gospel that was revealed to Him. That Paul had the Gospel revealed to him is seen in 1 Cor 15:3

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Notice when Paul says" That which I also received", he is speaking of received by Revelation, notice Gal 1:11-12

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Gospel must be revealed to be believed aright !

Now if Paul had to receive a revelation of Jesus Christ to believe in and Preach Christ, why is it alleged today that any natural man has a freewill choice to either accept or reject the Gospel ? No such nonsense is ever stated in scripture ! However the Truth is, for anyone to believe in Christ [savingly or in the sense of conversion] through the Gospel, the Gospel and the Christ it preaches must be revealed in them as Paul said Gal 1:16

16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Now many attempt to elevate Paul's believing experience, in how he came to believe, as being different and out of the ordinary than any other believer, but that is a Lie from the devil. In fact, Paul's believing experience was so ordered by Divine wisdom that it may be an example of all who should believe unto Life Eternal, that is Paul's own inspired testimony 1 Tim 1:16

16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

What can be more Plainer ? Paul was no super sinner, He needed mercy like any other believer. He states himself as nothing but a sinner Christ came to save as any other sinner 1 Tim 1:15

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

It took a revelation of Christ in Paul for him to believe, and so likewise any other believer needed the same ! Else how could he had been a pattern ? In other words, how Paul became a believer is but a :

an outline, sketch, brief and summary exposition of how the whole Church, the body of Christ becomes a Believer, being sovereignly saved out of unbelief..

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is Paul's teaching:

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: (Romans 5:1)
    --No mention of grace; we are justified by faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (Romans 3:28)
    --How? By faith!

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. (Romans 3:30)
    --How? By faith!

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Romans 4:5)
    --What is counted for righteousness? Faith!

Having now responded, and since SBM is the only one that has posted day after day since the 21st, I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.