1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Preaching the whole of scripture

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, May 22, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:confused:

Who said that? I said allow the Bible TO explain Bible.
    Not sure what you are asking given you appear to be confused by my initial "let Bible explain Bible" comment.
    Again, no idea what you are talking about. The Bible IS my final authority.
    Again, where in God's green earth did you get this?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you skimmed over my post and began typing based on what you thought I typed instead of what I actually typed.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My apologies Webdog.

When you posted:
    Originally Posted by webdog View Post
    When you allow Bible to explain Bible it doesn't support our 21st century definition of hate equating to the absence of love.

I miss read it and in my shock reacted rather than responded.

When I logged back in, the edit feature was no longer available.

4. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's right next to the verse that teaches that the second coming of our Lord will be in AD 70 when the Roman army sacks Jerusalem!

5. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Atoning" is not "taking away". Jesus does not atone for the sins of the whole world. There is no verse that states that. Your "starter" verses concerning atonement, and that only for the covenant children of Israel. We know that the two terms are different because of verses like Hebrews 10:4

"For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. "

However Jesus did this. He "takes away the sin of the world." If He did this then why are people still being judged?

And why are they still sinning if their sin was taken away?

The answer is that the "world" here is to be understood in a limited sense. Otherwise it would not make sense and we would all be living under a double jeopardy.

6. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Proverbs 17:15
    Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent— the LORD detests them both.

Matthew 12 :
    7 If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’[Hosea 6:6] you would not have condemned the innocent.

Matthew 9 :
    10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[Hosea 6:6] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Hosea 6:
    6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
    and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Matthew 12:37
    For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Romans 10 :
    8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”[Deut. 30:14] that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”[Isaiah 28:16 (see Septuagint)] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile —the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[Joel 2:32]

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”[Isaiah 52:7]

7. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, no one said it did

Because there are no Scriptures to back that claim.....hence....no one here made it.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No problem, done it myself :thumbs: