1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Predestined as What?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 20, 2006.

1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I do, and I have no problem with groups where discussion is practiced.
    Have a nice day.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I would say that we cannot know with 100% accuracy what is in ones heart by fruits we may or may not see, but that IMO does not negate the fact that ones fruit is all we have to judge who is and who is not our brother or sister in the Lord. There is a sense of ‘judgment’ we are not to do, and there is a sense of judgment we must be actively involved in. We do not determine’ who is going to be found in Him, but we can judge by ones fruits, again in the context of the limitations we have of doing so by faith, as to whether or not one is a believer. I am to let my light shine so as to let it be plainly obvious to Whom I live my life and to Whom I belong, as evidenced by my fruits. Mt 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." I should make it easy on others to determine if in fact I have been born again, by my fruits.

We need to use caution in our judgments, yet just the same, we cannot allow our limitations of faith keep us from the performance of our responsibilities in this present world.

Take the court system for instance. We are not anyone’s final judge, yet God has ordained men to utilize all the resources we have and make the best judgment as is possible in this world in the execution of justice. With all its limitations, it is still a necessary, and I believe God ordained responsibility, to secure the freedoms we and others enjoy.

True fortitude of justice is not allowing the things we cannot know, and the abilities we do not posses, to deter us from doing the things that God has called upon us to carry out to the best of our abilities. We do this in the most fair and equitable manner we presently can muster, with the evidence we have at our disposal, knowing full well the limitations of all our finite endeavors in the light of the limited understanding we possess.