1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Predestined to Damnation?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 20, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

..... God predestinated ALL to be SAVED.
    ..... unfotunately - the choice of many people has not been the same as God's.
    ..... therefore - God did NOT predestinate people to go to heaven or hell but he predestinated all to be saved but that many have denied it and chose otherwise.

so many people confuse what predestination is.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Can you show a Scripture that uses ‘predestination’ in the sense of it being that God desired all to be saved? I know that Scripture teaches that God desires that all come to repentance, but I cannot think of one that states or implies that He predestines all to be saved. Help me out here.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is nonsense to believe that God predestined all to be saved . Pre=before ; destination = place they will with certainty end up . How in the world can everyone be predestined and have that square with such Scriptures as Romans 8:28-30 and Ephesians 1:4 - 11 ?

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I believe that would express my sentiments as well.