1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Predict Trumps VP Pick

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, May 4, 2016.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lyin' Ted would not make a good AG; his family is connected to Lee Harvey Oswald--why aren't people talking about that? His wife is not you-know-what and Super-rich Donald will spill the beans on her as well as all of lyin' Ted's girlfriends. Ted is a nasty guy and no one likes him. Super-rich Donald does not need lyin' Ted or his voters and he has said so.

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, no Teds - Cruz is damaged badly for now and one pop culture icon on the ticket is enough.

Ben Carson. Rick Perry. Chris Christie. John Kasich. Maybe even Paul Ryan, seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of those five will be his VP.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uggg......Chris Christy, really!!!! .....LOL......the guys an extortionist.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I think he's all over Trump because they are friends, not the ideology (or lack thereof with this bunch).

No? So, who do you think it will be? Walker? Martinez? Palin (please no) Or do you just know who it won't be?

I

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great topic!

I'd love to see Condi Rice! Of course, if Trump blames Bush for Iraq, she would probably be a definite no!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think anyone can predict Trump's choice. Someone might get a lucky guess, but that's it.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cruz ran a sorry campaign. The tough talk was misdirected, the strategies were the wrong kind for the times. That was obvious early on.

He may be a conservative, but he is woefully out of touch.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what you mean that Cruz is out of touch but I know that Libertarians went for Trump--in the case of Drudge because of Trump's liberalness on homosexuality but I don't think that homosexuals will vote for Trump in November but Libertarians will vote for Trump as Libertarians, too, reject Reganism, which is dead at this time.

The GOP primaries were made to be cheap and to be ended quickly. The winner-take-all system allowed a minority candidate to win a majority of the votes.

In the case of Indiana, agricultural interests wanted the ethanol mandated continued. Former Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, now the self-appointed President of Purdue University, wanted social issues ignored. He was for Kasich but when he turned the rank and file loose, they went for Trump, ending the primary. Thus Mitch McConnell has been vindicated that you cannot call a Senator a liar in the US Senate.

Mitch McConnell would be a good VP pick for Super-wealthy Trump.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Trump will go with Newt Gingrich. Newt is very bright, articulate, and knows his way around Washington.

Sidenote : The Donald will be 70 on June 14th and Newt will turn 73 three days later.

Donald will go with the most capable person --not with someone who helps him with women voters or black and Latinos. And he won't select someone who hails necessarily from the swing states of Florida and Ohio. Of course, Pa is sort of a swing state too. Newt hails from the Commonwealth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't Pennsylvania vote Democrat?

14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting, haven't heard much from Newt until recently and kinda figured he was somewhat retired or something...but agree the possibility exists and believe him to be a pretty good choice.

15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, they both seem to have the same opinion of the Marital Vows.

16. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Won't be Carson, Carson is not a career politicians and hasn't been vetted for 20 years.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

You know very little about Mr. Cruz. Junior Senator from Texas only held that office for 3 years. An associate deputy AG and domestic policy adviser for George W. Bush. He did a great job as the Solicitor General of Texas. He replaced Kay Bailey Hutchinson. In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz drafted the amicus brief signed by the attorneys general of 31 states, which said that the Washington, D.C. handgun ban should be struck down as infringing upon the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt to re-open the cases of 51 Mexican nationals, all of whom were convicted of murder in the United States and were on death row.[36][40][42][50] With the support of the George W. Bush Administration, the petitioners argued that the United States had violated the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations by failing to notify the convicted nationals of their opportunity to receive legal aid from the Mexican consulate.[45][58] They based their case on a decision of the International Court of Justice in the Avena case which ruled that by failing to allow access to the Mexican consulate, the US had breached its obligations under the Convention.[59] Texas won the case in a 6–3 decision, the Supreme Court holding that ICJ decisions were not binding in domestic law and that the President had no power to enforce them.[45][58]

18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

By the way do you have factual proof that Ted has lied or are you taking the Donald's word for it?

19. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, he's certainly been kissing up to Trump.

But I agree, Gingrich is very possible pick.

20. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, at this point I don't believe it will be Dr. Ben Carson but I do believe he will be very active in a Trump administration without the need of any title.

I have no idea why you think Carson "not being a career politician" is some kind of disadvantage??? Or what you mean that he hasn't been "vetted for 20 years" is supposed to mean either???