1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Prediction Comes True

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Nov 18, 2013.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it was a simplistic as you think the market would have rebounded in one day after the Fed gave reassurances, and not taken 3 weeks.

On the one hand you say the Fed is buying up too much of our debt and propelling the stock market, and now you are saying that they are artificially squeezing out other entities, and if they would only get out of the way the market would be fine. You do realize that there is little demand for US securities which is why the Fed has to buy them to keep interest rates low? If no one was buying them the US would need to increase yields in order to attract outside buyers.

Big deal. Yields are historically low. Any movement, even the paltry 0.17% increase recently is going to look big.

Good, the market is starting to increase yields ahead of the Fed's anticipated announcement to start tapering.

< snip off topic crap >

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gentlemen - the news isn't that great....
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...ernankecare-as-worst-win-in-stocks-bonds.html
    The trick will be to carefully watch, and get out just before the "pop"....

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You can < snip > all you want to Crabby but it doesn't change the fact that our economy is being "managed" by foreign bankers in order to suck all the wealth out of the country.

Plucky the chicken is lying to you. What he says is a "recovery" is just another bubble built on fraud, and it will pop. You and Plucky ain't going to be able to < snip > what happens when the 400 and some trillion dollar derivative bubble pops. And when it does this is what you'll see . . . [​IMG]

Ordinary Americans are living in a depression already. The only reason we don't see the long bread lines is because half of all Americans have EBT cards. In other words Plucky has < snipped > the real picture of poverty out of our sight. But it's till there and growing everyday.

We'll see how happy you are when Plucky decides to do "bail ins" and confiscate your savings and retirement accounts to "save the banks" for the greater good.

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” John Adams

"People, governments and economies of all nations must serve the needs of multinational banks and corporations." Zbigniew Brzezinski

#23 poncho, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what your ilk was predicting back in late 2008 and 2009. Rioting in the streets, martial law, food riots, etc.

"There is a wolf chasing the sheep!"

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And now we have this...(it hit 1925.76 at 3:46 pm EDT today, which was a new record)

[​IMG]

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have watched your pronouncements on the market for quite a long time. The primary thing I have learned is that you have no idea about the market or investing. My guess, and I may be wrong, is that you have never researched and bought stock on your own. If you invest my guess is you allow a broker to select your purchases. Remember Chicken Little?

ps -- I found early on that it is a big mistake most of the time to follow the advice of a stock broker.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no authority to snip anything ...

Thank the GOP and their policies of helping the rich and pushing the middle class out of existence.

Exactly what the GOP has been doing.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

ITL, you might want to ask that this thread be closed. It's been hijacked by one of the resident communists and the vapid yet rabid anarchist.
    Yes it will, as this March 21 news item proves is already happening.
    Note it is stated "stocks are unchanged." Essentially that is true, as the percentage of daily and even monthly fluctuation in the overall stock market value over the last four months has been ± 1%. The real telltale, however, is this chart.

Gold Versus Change in 10 Year Treasury Yields Versus S&P 500 Jan 2 – March 20Chart Courtesy Yahoo Finance
    [​IMG]

One would think that Treasury yields would go up once the Fed reduced its bond buying program but the opposite has happened. Surely, it is the lack of inflation expectations but also it’s a reflection of a decrease in risk appetite. Similarly, Gold is not up because of inflation fears but because it is perceived as a safe haven in time of turmoil.

#28 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was going to respond to this but I can't stop laughing.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yeah, investment strategy assessment from a communist?

[​IMG]

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy, did you pick the wrong endpoints! In the last four months the S&P is up 10.4%. Overall, the S&P500 is up 5% since the start of the year. A 5% increase over 6 months is hardly unchanged.

Chart is mostly irrelevant.

Yeah...you might want to check your data. The price of gold YTD is essentially unchanged; the S&P500 is up 5%. If you look at this chart your selective endpoint picking of mid-March was working for you with gold, currently it's not.

[​IMG]

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    S&P 500 topples another record; benchmark hits 2,000

U.S. stocks rallied on Monday, with the S&P 500 crossing 2,000, lifted by a round of corporate deals and optimism that the European Central Bank would embark on further moves to stimulate the European economy.

Cue the naysayers! Ha!

(Preemptive comment: Yes, Virginia, there will be a correction.)

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is sustaining this besides optimism?

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same thing that always causes market gains--Strong corporate earnings. GDP growth was strong last quarter after a bad first quarter. Also positive trends in consumer spending and confidence and positive jobs reports.

The Fed's quantitative easing program is almost completely tapered to nothing (and wasn't that much anyways), the market knows there will be interest rate increases and will react when they occur.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Still think it's smoke and mirrors based on the information they want you to have. I still feel the whole truth is not being told to maintain the market, jobs being a prime example.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are 500 companies that comprise the S&P 500 index. There are 3,000 companies in the Russell 3000 index. All these companies report audited financial results every fiscal quarter. Are the majority of them lying about their results? Not likely.

If the whole truth was being withheld to maintain the market, they (whoever "they" are) sure have taken their sweet time with the recovery. This is the slowest recovery in history. If you were manipulating the economy why would you have this drag out so long?

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

To keep the boat afloat. You don't think it's possible for consumer confidence that are contributing to profits to be artificial? This confidence is all based on "fact" that the job market is better, housing market is better? We will see yet another correction in the housing market. Jobs numbers are a joke.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is circular reasoning. Consumer confidence is up because the stock market is up. The stock market is up because consumer confidence is up. Repeat. It doesn't work that way.

The earnings reports are real. This is what is driving the stock market. Probably 70% - 80% of it. Consumer confidence, employment, housing starts, all that other data is bonus stuff that adds on top of the earnings reports which gets the stock market to new highs.

The Federal Reserve knows the employment situation is not strong, that the numbers are deceiving. Fed chair Janet Yellen continuously addresses that, including recently. Wall Street knows employment is not strong.

Same thing with the bond buying program. It's been tapered down to almost nothing. Wall Street knew it was going to end. Same thing with interest rates. They will go up. When? Sometime next year. Meanwhile if the Fed keeps telling people that interest rates are going to rise and gives hints as to when that will occur, it softens the shock and acclimates investors to the idea, thus (hopefully) heading off any massive losses.

Aside from automatic payroll deductions for 401k, I'm not investing in the market right now. Stocks are a bit overpriced. The market is setting new records almost weekly. I'm sitting tight on my current positions but I have a little bit kept aside for when the correction occurs so I can snag some bargains.