1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preemptive Nuclear War vs Christianity II

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rufus_1611, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

If sovereign country A, who possesses 12,000+ nuclear warheads, decides that they don't want sovereign country B to posses 1 nuclear warhead, does country A have the right to launch a nuclear strike against country B, to prevent country B from not manufacturing a nuclear weapon? Being liberal with scripture, is there a Christian justification for preemptive, nuclear warfare or would this be opposed to Christian principles?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

God is on the side with the most nukes (cannon).

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I think it is high time we observe the wisdom of RP's statement: It is sad that Christianity is being identified with governmental decisions to inflict war.
    It is one thing to identify with the support of government and its rule and another to associate Christianity with choices and goals which may be questioned as to 'what does this have to do with knowing Christ and spreading the gospel? Right or wrong, we support the defense of our nation (or oppose it) due to our relationship as citizens. Whether we agree together or not, we respect each other and take seriously our own persuasion as the responsible action of faith by a good Christian.

Many candidates are courting the Christian community and are not carefully distinguishing the difference between their position and association of 'Christians' with their programs. This association is what has muddied many of our perceptions regarding this current war. GWB was the Christians answer (polls) to the moral breaking of our country, the abortion mills, the gay rights, the return to patriatism and pride in our country. It is becoming clear and more clear that many in government have their own agenda, and whatever side are manipulating citizens by emotional appeal, fear mongering, and crisis development. They exploit our sense of justice, expose our insecurities (where is our faith?), and appeal to our sense of pride, and inflame us to take action. All the while, we remove from our position as journey men in a strange world and identify more and more with causes which are not clearly the cause of Christ.

The world looks to us (our Christianinty) and views our missionary endeavors, and our associated alignment of charity, morality and law into the politics of our country. As a whole, we are viewed as a 'Christian' nation. Internally, we see ourselves as of many religions, and with in those many forms of expressions, emphasis, and denominations, a mixed bag of faithful believers and social associates.

I have defended the war so long.....but one by one I've seen the travesty of foundation which led us there and the foolishness of counting the cost before going in. Now, I feel we have a MORAL obligation to try to help those people form the government necessary for maintainance of their own civility, and stability enough to maintain it and support life...... until they decide we should leave..... and then be prepared to go without looking back... though we still might be obligated in some way to ammend assistance if requested by their government.

I think the propaganda political and media machines, and creative industry of manufacturing crisis, has too long victimized our sensibilities and made their appeals to Christians on the basis of what they perceive as our morality and justifying their case. I think too many in our own midst have unwittingly made alliances with the god of baal, thinking we were strengthening our position by becoming identified with policy and politics. This was not the great commission we were given.