1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prefer the KJV?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by neal4christ, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

So you are going to give up your KJOnly stance since you are sticking with Christ? We all know he did not share your position on this matter. He quoted things other than the KJV as the authoritative word of God. He, in fact, held our position ... the things other than the KJV can rightly be called the word of God.

2. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Okay Steve, here are some questions I would like for you to answer, plain and simple. They are not answered in your other posts, so I would appreciate if you would answer them directly.

Thanks,
    Neal

3. reubdog

reubdog New Member

I love my KJV, but there's no way I'm KJV only. Know why I use it everyday? I enjoy it. plain and simple. I love reading it. When study time comes around I use my greek and check my translation against everybody else's. By the way, have you guys examined the ESV? That is one great Translation, at least where I have compared it to the greek (yes, both TR & Nestle-Aland)
    thanks

4. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Reubdog,

I think the ESV is an excellent translation. It is the one I have recently switched to from the KJV. I would highly recommend it!

Neal

5. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Neal you obviously have trouble discerning what simple terms mean.Read S L O W L Y of the people I have known is what my observation was based on. Don't try to make a mountain out of a moal hill. Get on with your life.Could be the Holy Spirit is speaking to you and you are struggling with it. I will pray for you.

6. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

A few things.

1) You do not explicitly answer my questions anywhere in your previous post. Maybe you forgot what you typed or something.

2) It is a mole hill, not a moal hill. Is that a KJV word (moal)?

3) Don't worry, I will get on with my life just fine. I am worried about others who are caused to stumble because of your doctrine.

4) The Holy Spirit is always working on me. Right now it is with patience with those who have truth right in front of them and do not accept it.

5) Maybe you are the one the Holy Spirit is working on. You are always dodging questions (as I think most would agree here) and launch into personal attacks rather than deal with evidence. If your position was true, you should be able to deal with the evidence in an appropriate way. See 2 Tim. 2:22-24. You definitely seem to struggle with this.

6) If you are really KJVO, then you should say Holy Ghost, not Holy Spirit.

7) I need all the prayer I can get!

Neal

[ January 17, 2003, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: neal4christ ]

7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist

8. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If any of us are squirming it is because the Holy Spirit has shown us the lies of KJVOnlyism and we are repulsed by them.

The sight of a KJV Bible doesn't eat at me but those who claim to be IFB born again believers and yet cling to the lies of KJVOnlyism rather than acknowledge the simple facts put right in front of them are quite saddening.

9. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Steve K. said:

I love it when the Holy Spirit starts to convict people and I can see them squirm.

There is about as much of the Holy Spirit in KJV-onlyism as there is in Mariolatry.

Just the sight of KING JAMES BIBLE eats at folks who will not accept it as the perfect word of God.

Yeah, when I bought the two I have, I had to avert my eyes. :rolleyes:

Steve, have the facts failed you? If not, why have you resorted to empty emotional rhetoric instead of substantial argument?

10. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Mary worship as I have proved in the past is deeply rooted in the text behind many MV's. I have printed quotes from Wescott and Hort that prove it.Decieved are the people who cling to versions taken from corrupt manuscripts not KJV people.Thanks for the feedback!

11. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

Seems that some people mistake the uttering of slogans (almost like a kind of New Age mantra) for actual discussion.

12. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I must have missed that proof. Can you provide it again please?

Please provide them, along with verifiable references.

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You have proven that because of your hatred for Catholicism and ignorant hatred for MV's you feel justified in associating the two based on nothing but your fantasies and double standards. There are far more links between the KJV and the Catholic Church than there are between MV's and the RCC. Some of its readings (like the last 7 verses of Revelation and I John 5:7-8) are supported almost exclusively by RCC versions and writings.
    We have shown you that Riplinger is a liar. You ignore the words coming from her own mouth and pen- continuing to maintain that her "sayings are true." You have not shown facts that we have rejected. In fact, your arguments are virtually empty of verifiable evidence. You appear to be making things up or trusting people who do for your information. In either event, you demonstrate willful ignorance of the truth.

14. Cskokido

Cskokido New Member

Hey Neal....Do you know Dr. Alan Moseley? He was our interim Pastor for awhile. He is on the staff there at Southeastern.
    Oh that man can preach!!!
    Wait a minute...he didn't use the KJV :eek:

Nevemind....He still could preach!!! [​IMG]

15. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Brian the references were Hort and Wescott's
    "life and letters" remember I just gave it to you less than a week ago on another thread.The book is Grady's final authority. But then I supose you will say he is a liar too.The references are there for those who want the truth.Even worse than their Mary worship is there involvement in SATANISM.

16. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Scotty take a deep breath and count backwards from ten.There now maybe you can think rationally. You are accusing me of things and I am going to tell on you. Hey moderator! FOUL! FOUL! Scotty is not playing nice.

17. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Ah, I see. When you gave me those references, you did not mention anything about them being about Mary worship, so forgive me for misunderstanding what you were referring to. As I recall, Ransom has already responded to that specific claim about Mary worship, showing that the "quotes" were doctored and reconstructed to show the exact opposite of what the context of Hort's original writing contained. Perhaps Ransom will again provide that information for you.

Perhaps one day you will learn that you should not make such claims without providing, *at the same time*, the evidence and verifiable references. Again, I must ask for specific, verifiable evidence that they were involved in Satanism. And, again I must wonder which fruit of the Spirit is about slandering other believers without providing such evidence.

18. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

I don't really know him, I believe I met him once through my pastor. I am still fairly new here. I have heard very good things about him, though.

Imagine that! He doesn't use the KJV and yet he can still preach well! From some around here I would have never guessed that was possible! [​IMG]

Neal

19. Steve K.

Steve K. Guest

Brian the letters between Wes & Hort in their own words tell of their involvement in Satanism.Those letters can be found in Riplingers new age bible versions as I told you. Also don't you remember the quotes from Wes 7\& Hort I gave you from Final Authority about the Mary worship.Having some short term memory problems Brian?I gave you the reference as you asked and you told me that you could not afford to get life and letters of Wes & hort so don't accuse me of not giving references.That is old tactic of skeptics.Then when proof is given you say well that's your interpretation. YAWN

20. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I do not remember you mentioning Satanism before. Please, be patient with me. Maybe I forgot. To make this easier on everyone, all I ask is for you to show me *where* in Riplinger's book (ie. quote and page number) this proof of Satanism is. I have Riplinger's book, so I can verify if you provide this info.

BTW, speaking of B.F. Westcott, Riplinger, and the occult, have you noticed that there was a famous occultic author in the past named W.W. Westcott, and that Riplinger discusses HIM a lot, trying to make you think they are the same person, just because they had the same last name!. And no, that's not "just my interpretation", that's her admission in black and white. Buried in a footnote in the back of chapter 30, she writes "The connection between B.F. Westcott and the activities attributed to the possible allonym W.W. Westcott are speculation on my part." Wow, that's great. Everything W.W. does, in her book she attributes to B.F., based on "speculation". This book is hard evidence? No, it is tabloid journalism (ie. crap), with *admittedly* deliberate attempts at slander and misrepresentation.