1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preferring One Another.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jan 4, 2006.

?
  1. I can.

61.9%
  2. I can't.

14.3%
  3. I really don't care what Scripture says when it comes to George Bush.

23.8%
  4. I could care less about George Bush.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure He did.

Matthew 28:18-20 (ESV)
    And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. [19] Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, [20] teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent comment, OR. [​IMG]

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Was the woman at the well an Israelite? That is Chapter 4 of the Gospel of John in case you are not aware.

Well I will answer the question. She was not, she was a Samaritan. It was to this woman that Jesus Christ first revealed that he was the Messiah, the Christ.

John 4:24-26, KJV
    24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
    26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

You might read the Book of Revelation!

Anyone who was or has been saved has been saved by Grace. The Apostle Paul states:

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Paul the only one who spoke of Grace?

1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
    1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
    1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
    1Pe 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
    1Pe 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
    1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
    1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
    1Pe 5:12 By Silvanus, a faithful brother unto you, as I suppose, I have written briefly, exhorting, and testifying that this is the true grace of God wherein ye stand.
    2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
    2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.