1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Preparing a truthful Calvinist sermon

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will do better than that Steaver....here are real Calvinist sermons...I have heard all of these men preach in person, I have spoken with these men, and will back up most of what they would preach as they present it.

So if and when you or the others find anything you can find fault with, post the message and the time on the message where you object....
    I will give a sample of each Pastor....you can pick from thousands they have online and let us know where they do what you suggest:laugh::wavey::thumbsup:

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=71814723310

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=71814832132

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=71814832132

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=32081840552

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1116142035257

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=1228142133149

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=12151435121

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When the Calvinist minister preaches a doctrinal sermon "to the choir" they freely describe Calvinism.

But when the Calvinist minister appeals to the lost to accept Christ - they use Arminian arguments.

The question is - why. And how do they sleep at night knowing that in real life - the only thing that actually works - is the Arminian appeal to the lost.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No Cal pastor has to do that as the sermon properly preached is the invitation.

which of the sermons listed does that?

if none of them do.....find one that does.

Arminian sermons appeal to the flesh to do something. I doubt you have heard real cal sermons, or you would not follow a false prophetess...

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Arminian evangelist can honestly preach about

• A Universal Appeal to Believe the Gospel (John 12:32).
    • A Universal Declaration of God’s Love for All Humanity (John 3:16)
    • A Universal Call To Repentance (Acts 2:38-39)
    • A Universal Atonement Through The Favour of God (1 Timothy 2:1-6)
    • A Universal Gospel Meant For All Nations (Mark 16:15-16)
    The Calvinist evangelist can't.
    All they can honestly proclaim is - arbitrary selection of the "FEW" in Matt 7, and a Sovereign God who selects what Christ calls "FEW." in Matt 7

So the Calvinist evangelist doing a crusade as Billy Graham was known to go - must resort to the Arminian appeal.

The only defense left for the Calvinist - is to post doctrinal sermons where they "preach to their own choir" which is the only safe context for Calvinism.

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This shows you have not heard Calvinistic preaching...I offered several if you do not want to listen that is on you,

there is no universal atonement .....there is a Covenant atonement for sinners scattered all over the world,from every tribe tongue and nation...cals preach that as that is what scripture offers.

I have no problem being faithful to scripture in presenting the gospel to sinners everyday...face to face without compromise.

Often all 5 pts come out if the conversation goes on for awhile. The people are almost relieved when they hear the truth expressed rather than the Pollyanna nonsense they are normally offered.

These truths are easily presented from the scripture alone, leaving the theological terms in the study and just opening up scripture such as jn 6;37-44,Jn 8, jn 10 :26-30 jn17, romans 1-3 ,8:29-39 Hebrews 10

#26 Iconoclast, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

All those points are unscriptural ! For instance, the call is Limited in Acts 2:38-39 to only as many as the Lord shall call !

Acts 2:38-39

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Peters sermon was addressed specifically to the House of Israel, a Elect People Acts 2:36,22

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Jesus gives Remission of sins unto Israel Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Gods promise of Salvation in the Lord was made to only one people, Israel Isa 45:15-17

15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Okay, I'll try to be as concise as possible....

I know you're being facetious, but this is the truth, whether you agree with it or not. God uses the gospel to bring His sheep into the sheepfold. Jesus laid that out plainly in John 10.....

"Verily, verily, I say to you, He who is not entering through the door to the fold of the sheep, but is going up from another side, that one is a thief and a robber; and he who is entering through the door is shepherd of the sheep; to this one the doorkeeper doth open, and the sheep hear his voice, and his own sheep he doth call by name, and doth lead them forth; and when his own sheep he may put forth, before them he goeth on, and the sheep follow him, because they have known his voice; and a stranger they will not follow, but will flee from him, because they have not known the voice of strangers."(vss 1-5 YLT)

Now, it is through the gospel that the sheep are gathered in....Ephesians 1:13, 1 Cor. 1:21, and Romans 1:16.....

How do they enter in through the strait and narrow gate? Via Christ and preaching of the gospel. The non-elect, the goats, they gladly go to hell. You witness to people, and if God isn't working within them, they want nothing to do with you. They are happy, content in their sinful lifestyle(s). Unless God changes their will, their 'want to', they will never desire to find that strait and narrow gate.

You're a quick learner...:thumbsup: kudos!!!

You're plagarizing here.....but you're learning...:thumbsup:

God made Adam and then Eve. We are procreated. Major difference.

Oy vey....

:thumbsup: you're slooooooooowly getting there....

All of us were deserving of hell. God didn't have to send Jesus to die for us(before He created the world, that is), but He chose to. The bible explicitly shows a covenental love betwixt the bride(the church) and the Bridegroom(Jesus). If you believe in universal atonement, then you believe in universal salvation. Congrats, you're a universalist.

#28 convicted1, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are very confusing brother. First you complain I do not understand Calvinism according to my sermon, and now you agree with it!! Make up your mind

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's not one better and has nothing to do with the OP. Look at my OP sermon and point out which parts are not being honest and why.

So far brother Willis agrees it is honest. No other Calvinist has yet opined, makes me believe it is right on the mark so far.......

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

And the response from some Calvinists?? "extreme inference" eisegetically spinning the text so that it cannot even be true at all!

That is eisegesis - you "infer" your meaning into the text such that you must avoid all other texts to the contrary. i.e. "proof texting" as many Calvinist do.

As you are doing here.

in Christ,

Bob

11. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I know it's a bit nitpicky, but what do you make of these scriptures:
    and
    Ostensibly those scriptures argue that God knew us before birth, and even had some input, however much is a matter of debate, in forming us in the womb.

What if you believe in an atonement that is offered universally, but is either accepted or rejected by those to whom it is offered? Does that still make someone a universalist? Fact is, you simply cannot reconcile the Universalist theology with the scriptures.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As we saw #22 this is the reason that does not work. it is blind to the free will principle that is at the core of God's lament when the lost "choose" to reject the Gospel.

The following statement is a great highlight on Spurgeon's view of a key doctrine in Calvinism - as we find it in the "Baptist Confession of Faith"

Clearly the statement above identified without question what Calvinism considers to be the determining element in all cases where one person is lost and another saved.

But in so doing - Spurgeon is stuck at the point of making God the author of His own "lament".

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BobRyan [​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]“He CAME to HIS OWN and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]His OWN received Him not[/FONT][FONT=&quot]” John 1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Matt 23[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]38“Behold, your house is being left to you desolate![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Luke 7[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]28 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]When all the people and the tax collectors heard this, they acknowledged God’s justice, having been baptized with the baptism of John. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]29 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God’s purpose for themselves, not having been baptized by John.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Is 5:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Response: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Well the Calvinist would have an answer for God's question on that one. An answer contrived via “extreme inference” in places like Deut 5:29. Calvinism would inform the world – and God Himself of just what God did to cause the lamentable result that God is complaining about in t[FONT=&quot]he verse above[/FONT].

[FONT=&quot]I[FONT=&quot]n Calvinism i[/FONT][/FONT]f the result is wrong if it is to be lamented if the question [FONT=&quot]is to be asked "What more could have been done" w[FONT=&quot]ell [/FONT][/FONT]then Calvinism argues He [FONT=&quot]knows exactly what He failed to do [/FONT] - [FONT=&quot]in effect [/FONT] sabotaging His own plans - the cause of His own "lament" - or at the very least - being forgetful to "do the necessary" as the saying goes in India.

[FONT=&quot]================================

[FONT=&quot]God's "lament" does not ask "what more could the LOST have done that they have not done" because He knows[FONT=&quot] exactly wh[FONT=&quot]at THEY could h[FONT=&quot]av[FONT=&quot]e [FONT=&quot]done.

[FONT=&quot]Rather [FONT=&quot]G[FONT=&quot]od asks[FONT=&quot] 'What MOR[FONT=&quot]E could I HAVE done that I did not do?" -- the very ques[FONT=&quot]tion [FONT=&quot]all Calvinists claim to have the answer for.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

=======================

Calvinism claims that this lament is impossible because only God controls that outcome it is not affected by the choice of man.

Pay close attention as one of our Calvinist friends instructs God on what "HE can do" to resolve "His Lament".

And they will happily instruct him on that point ... time after time. Because in the Calvinist fiction God's lament makes no sense at all. it describes a scenario that "cannot exist" in calvinism.

in Christ,

Bob

#33 BobRyan, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your logic is correct - the problem is -- you don't understand the term "atonement" and God has defined it instead of leaving that detail up to Calvinists.

There is a pretty good explanation of it by God Himself in Lev 16 for those who care that their doctrine could be flawed (unless they are the Pope of course).

in Christ,

Bob

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You just dont believe the Truth. The World in 2 Cor 5:19 does not have any sins charged to it. That in and of itself means saved from the penalty and consequences of sin ! So Vs 20 is an appeal to the already saved, not to the Lost !

15. breakingcontact

Site Supporter

It seems many who find Calvinism apply it incorrectly. I think that is part of what puts off so many.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gen4:1 - "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Welcome to the bb....

Sometimes that can happen...UT here what is happening is a few who clearly do not understand the verses at all are just foaming out all manner of error.

Notice how the poster is clueless on lk19:10.......do you see not only his wrong Iidea.....but because he has an agenda to attack.....he then inflicts other wrong ideas into the discuss I on to annoy saved by mercy

18. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh?:null:

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The world of 2Cor 5 is not destroyed for all of its sin. yet.

Probation for the world is still ongoing.

The unreconciled already saved?

A statement never found in all of scripture.

Really? that is where extreme inference leads you?

Not one text says that "you are unreconciled though already saved"

Rather 2Cor 5 argues for you to choose to be reconciled to God because in that reconciliation you get the benefit of the Atonement.

Without it - you have nothing.

Without choosing to be reconciled you have --

[FONT=&quot]“He CAME to HIS OWN and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]His OWN received Him not[/FONT][FONT=&quot]” John 1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Matt 23[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]38“Behold, your house is being left to you desolate![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Luke 7[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]28 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]When all the people and the tax collectors heard this, they acknowledged God’s justice, having been baptized with the baptism of John. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]29 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God’s purpose for themselves, not having been baptized by John.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Is 5:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?[/FONT]

in Christ,

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.