1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presbyterians move to ordain gays, allow non-celibate unmarried clergy.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, May 11, 2011.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

From HERE:

After decades of debate, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) on Tuesday struck down a barrier to ordaining gays, ratifying a proposal that removes the celibacy requirement for unmarried clergy, in the latest mainline Protestant move toward accepting gay relationships.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh heck that church has been going down the apostate road for years! No surprise. Had you told my OPC was trying that I of told you that your crazy....no loss with these folks though & no surprise.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan has succeeded in taking over the top echelons of what was once considered a Christian denomination.

Keep the rank and file in your prayers and work to bring them to Christ before their leaders lead them to hell.

4. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

This is an obscenity.

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reminds me of some here who periodically attempt to convince us (or themselves?) that "husband of one wife" isn't about marriage, but monogamy.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's been a battle for years. It was an issue almost 20 years ago when my husband was an elder in the PCUSA. We were blessed to be in a church that fought that fight hard and they still are fighting it. Unfortunately, I think it is ultimately a losing battle.

7. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A large PCUSA church in our city just voted to leave the PCUSA to join the EPC. More of this will come.