1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Present your BEST argument for church tithing

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Soulman, May 27, 2005.

1. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

Greg Sr, HI! Been a while.

BlueFalcon - if a local church REQUIRES anything that goes beyond scripture, IT IS WRONG, PERIOD, EXCLAMATION POINT!!!

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by Bluefalcon: If a local body of believers chooses to require tithing of all of its members, is that wrong? Couldn't one simply choose not to be a part of such a congregation?

Amen rjprince! Why do people insist on even calling their giving a tithe? It is not a N.T. principle. Giving is. I believe most on this thread do give generously. Why not call it that?

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

R.J.....Good to have you back.....as you can see we are still contending with the legalists in here...lol. I still haven't been able to talk my preacher off of this tithing stuff.He's a good man though.
    Soulman...check out your # of posts on that last one...whoaaaaa...better add one quick!

Greg Sr.

4. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by Greg Perry SR: Soulman...check out your # of posts on that last one...whoaaaaa...better add one quick!

YIKES!!