1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Bush on Christianity

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Jun 4, 2004.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have said that my sources were not reliable. So provide a source to prove that my sources are unreliable. I double dog dare you to do so.

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

That's not an attack. If I had said "you are foolish" or "you are a fool", that would have been an attack

Merely pointing out that it makes you appear foolish to make wild accusations that you can't back up is not an attack, it's an observation.

No, you didn't back them up. Your sources were biased.

Basically, you just backed up conjecture with more conjecture.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

What I said was that your sources are biased and I asked you for a non-partisan source.

That they are biased and partisan are self evident.

This is stupid and it's only making me look foolish for being dumb enough to try to talk to you like you're an adult.

I'm out of here.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. I gave you sources from both the conservative and liberal sides that point to the same conclusion. You just won't accept the truth.

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

In regards to the first post on this thread, it really doesn't matter where Ken copied and pasted the information from, because it is a list of seven things that President Bush has either said or done that are all public information.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I asked you to show me what a non-biased source looks like and you can't do it.

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

If they're public information, then it shouldn't be that hard for him to show sources for them now, should it?

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if that is done, what will you say? I see no reason to go to all that effort if in the end you are going to blow off the information anyway.

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

First of all, the fact that you admit that these were conservative and liberal sources show that you know that your sources are biased.

Second, I don't need anyone to "point to a conclusion". Perhaps you do, but I'm smart enough to read a non-biased account and make up my own mind, thank you.

10. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I have no way of knowing what I'll say until I see the sources.

If they're valid, then I'll admit such.

If they're as biased and shallow as the sources you've already posted, then I'll stand by my opinion that you should offer non-biased sources to back up your claims.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no such animal.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, let's put you to the test. Does the Associated Press meet your definition of being unbiased? I don't think it will meet your idea of "non-biased opinions" but I'll try
    anyway -

Bush names national AIDS adviser

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush has named his acting AIDS adviser, Carol J. Thompson, as head of the Office of National AIDS Policy.

Bush's first two AIDS advisers, Scott Evertz and Joseph O'Neill, were both male doctors who were openly gay. Thompson, a woman, is not a physician and is heterosexual.

The appointments of Evertz and O'Neill to the job were applauded by gay groups and AIDS activists. Evertz was the first openly gay person nominated to an executive branch office by a Republican president, but his association with gay groups and his support of condom use rankled some conservatives.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it looks like game, set, and match to Ken. So I'm off to bed. Nighty night everyone. [​IMG]

14. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Not really. First of all, you didn't provide the date of the article or where it appeared. Given the first couple of sources you cited and the fact that you don't know what an unbiased source is, I would really prefer to check this out so I could see it in it's proper context.

Second, the article only says that the two men are gay.

If simply appointing a qualified applicant who happens to be gay is your idea of a "gay agenda", then your case is pretty weak and it's no wonder you don't want to cite a source.

Even further, it should be noted that his current appointee, according to the article you cite, is heterosexual so it would appear that, if President Bush really has a "gay agenda", he's taken a big step backward.

15. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

There is no such animal. </font>[/QUOTE]I agree but could you please show us where this was "Originally posted by Mike McK"?

16. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If they're as biased and shallow as the sources you've already posted, then I'll stand by my opinion that you should offer non-biased sources to back up your claims.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The first one of course is a quote from President Bush from the New York Times

Here are some of the other sources for what was posted:

“Denouncing The President Bush’s Shinto Shrine Worship”, Christian Council of Korea, Korea Evangelical Fellowship, Christian Ethics Movement of Korea, http://www.worldevangelical.org/news_japan_22feb02.html, also http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20020219a4.htm

“Bush: Christians, Muslims Worship the Same God,” Maranatha Christian Journal, 11-21-03, http://www.mcjonline.com/news/03a/20031121a.shtml

“Bush Honors Islam Holy Month”, U.S. Dept. of State website, Nov.19, 2001, http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/terror/01111919.htm

M. Kilian, “Bush Approves 15 Percent Budget Increase for NEA,” Monterey Herald, Jan.29, 2004, http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/politics/7829557.htm

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

My frustration with this whole issue comes not form Mr Bush's comments themselves. He is after all, only a politician.

I am frustrated that Christians see him as something like the political messiah for Christian causes when he is nothing of the sort. I think Christians are just glad that "at least he's not Clinton" and get carried away with that.

18. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]I just went and checked out BushRevealed.com, and found that they don't write these articles about Bush, they are kinda like The Drudge Report and gather the articles from around the Internet, you will see source for every statement with a link to the source.

19. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

I brought it up. If you don't consider openly and unrepentantly living a life of perversion to be a moral disqualification for high office, simply based on the status of being an American citizen, I was wondering if you would also support high offices for habitual liars and adulterers...or if somehow you recognize some merit in homosexuality.

The topic was Bush's appointments to office.

Nobody has a "right" to a government office. They are awarded either through the elecoral process or the hiring process. High moral character should be a prime consideration, which eliminates openly unrepentant homosexuals.

20. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Asking a question is not but the implication behind the question is.

And, as usual, you would be wrong. My conscience is clear. So long as someone is qualified and the best person for the job, I don't particularly care one way or the other what they do in their bedroom.

No. As I've pointed out to you several times now, you're the one who brought it up so it's you're responsibility to back up your claims.

It's not my responsibility, nor is it logically possible, to prove a negative.