1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Carter says Southern Baptists discriminate against women

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by RockRambler, Aug 2, 2005.

1. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

Carter comments

<edited to fix broken link - LE, Mod>

[ August 02, 2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: LadyEagle ]

2. patrick

patrick New Member

Who gives a rip what Carter says.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carter did the right thing by leaving the SBC! It is no surprise that Carter wants to ordain women and he probably wants sodomites ordained also if he were asked about that subject. Carter is a modernist.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Carter has never been confused with a thinker.

5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jimmy Carter was smart enough to get elected President of the U.S. He tried really hard to do the right thing--he is still trying--Habitat for Humanity is a tribute to him.

Seemed a bit inept at "el presidente". So was Slick William--we elected him twice.

Isn't the "Body Politic" amazing?

Bro. James

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

As a H4H volunteer, all I can say there is: Amen!

Say what you will about Carter, he's a man of God, who uses his hands (and a hammer) to do God's work. And I'm humbled to be one of many volunteers to take part in that.

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

IT is definitely reaching to call CArter a "man of God" in any biblical sense. HE has rejected the biblical teaching on any number of issues. His actions with habitat for humanity are noble, but no indication of his being a "man of God."

Carter may have tried hard to do the right thing, but he was an utter failure. His presidency will go down as one of the worst in the 20th century if not in American history.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I have to disagree, Pastor Larry. Given the perspective of 100 years, GWB will rank as the President whose decisions started the American republic on the path of sinking into an abyss.

President Carter is a good and decent man and a fine example of a Christian. His efforts to help people all over the world make him a wonderful statesman and ambassador for the goodwill of the U.S.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think that when a man does what Jesus calls for, and does it so well that it exceeds anyone's expectations of the Gospel, it is fitting to call him a man of God. I have worked with this man personally on an H4H project. He truly walks the walk.

He may not be the best example of being a hearer of the word, but he's the best example I can think of when it comes to being a doer of the word. Most folks are hearers, but not doers, and I am ashamedly no exception.

And I think H4H does more for the Kingdom of God than many churches do. Praise God for them.

10. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

He is a good example of someone who picks and chooses which parts of the bible they will have, and which parts they will not.

He may do many good works in helping the poor, but first and foremost on our list should be to worship God according to truth and knowledge.

I am sure there are also many atheists who do the same type of thing Jimmy is doing, sut I would not classify them as good Christians either.

Being a good man does not equate with being a good Christian.

Jimmy is quite possibly leading God's people astray with this kind of talk, and that, friends, is not a good thing.

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

President Carter was a serious mistake for the United States of America and he hasn't changed much since.

I'll remember him for many dumb moves not the least of which was his pardon of deserters that fled to Canada during the Viet Nam war. That was an insult to all who served honorably.

12. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

He may be a good carpenter. He may be a good peanut farmer. He may be an excellant Sunday school teacher. But as a President, and leader, he was an utter failure.

13. mioque

mioque New Member

Jimmy C. has been described as the best former president the US has ever had.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. We have been on that path after the last truly limited government president we had - Grover Cleveland. He was the last president who was truly in the mold of our Founding Fathers - LINK

15. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

I don't know if Carter is THE BEST. We must remember that one former president helped to shape the Supreme Court after his term in office. But, he is one of the few men to make an impact after he left the White House. Of course, this has nothing to do with whether he is a Christian or not. When I think about Carter as a president, I think of three things (one has already been mentioned).

1. He carried his own suit case on and off of Air Force One. Of course, this was a sham... the suit case was empty.

2. He was unable to free hostages taken by Iran. Yes, he gets credit for it, but it was done as Reagan was preparing to take the oath. Iran knew that they were about to face the full strencth of the US military.

3. He pardoned cowards. People that are willing to use the freedoms offered by our nation without being willing to pick up a rifle and stand a post. I have no use for draft dodging cowards, or those that harbor or assist them.

Those three things speak quite loudly in my mind. He was an imposter, someone always seeking to be liked, but not willing to simply do the right thing.

16. mioque

mioque New Member

4. Camp David accords?

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jimmy likes Clinton because finally there was a President who was worse than he was. Reagan said that Carter was the only man ever to go from being President of the USA to be nothing, Mioque, and anyone else who might be reading this.

Carter thinks that the SBC, which he left, should ordain women in order to show how caring the SBC is and how concerned the SBC is about women's rights.

If Carter were really worried about women's rights, he would say something about the plight of women under Islam.

But on the subject of Baptist women, I say that Baptist women are on a pedestal, where they belong. I believe in women and children first. The good shepherd is called upon to lay down his life for the sheep; Carter wants to sit in the pew while some lady lays down her life for him. He makes me sick with his anti-Biblical idea of ordaining women.

18. mioque

mioque New Member

What did Reagan do after he stopped being president?

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He got thrown by a horse down in Mexico. I hope that the horse was shot. Shortly after that he got sick. Reagan was an old man when he became President. He came from dirt poverty. He fought the communist who wanted to take over Hollywood and the tax code that prevented movie stars from working.

Carter is a nut.

20. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Ironic, in view of his statement.

But did he really say that? Reagan was rarely mean-spirited.