1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Hillary will end Iraq war!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Feb 4, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I sure see through you. I know what you're all about.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Maybe we could send her to talk with osama . . . we could resolve a bunch of problems.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, I have been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ as He chose me to be in His family. I was lucky enough to be able to serve our country back in the early 70s, have a wonderful job, family, and have been blessed enough by God to participate in several ministries. Other than that, I am a rather boring person.

The thread is about Hillary Clinton and the Iraq war. If you care to insult me, start another thread.

4. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Perhaps you misread me. I didn't insult you, I simply stated that I believe I understand you and know where you are rooted.

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

There are a myriad of things about your beliefs that I fail to understand. What I don't question is how a Christian could believe them.

In the past I was taught that the only people who were truly Christians were the independent, fundamental, God-loving, bible-preaching, KJV-honoring, etc group. The problem was that I saw everything except love from these people. They thought they understood everything about secular music, how to dress, where to go, what to do, etc., but they did so in a very judgmental, hateful ways.

In the time I have known you here on the BB, I find that you apparently have not moved past this type of Christianity.

If you think that supporting politicians such as Bush, Cheney or most of the other Republicans is what you should do, feel free to continue to do so. I, on the other hand, think that the greatest threats we face if from these very types of people being in office.

6. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Although I agree with the premise that GWB is not an asset anymore, except in the all important war on terrorists, the greatest threats are from the liberals who have been steadfastly dismantling America, under the auspices of getting GWB. And they are under demonic influence, IMO.

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I sure cannot say the same for you. You certainly have. K spin that

8. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that it was GWB that is steadfastly dismantling America.

SOURCE

10. patrioticcamerican

To respond to some of the earlier posts in this thread, while I wouldn't say that someone is not a Christian because he voted for Hillary Clinton, I would have to question whether that person is aware of all the facts.

Secondly, as far as the main topic of this thread, let's look at Hillary's track record.

Whatever did happen to those Rose Law firm documents anyway?

And, remember, this is the same person who repeatedly said that she wasn't going to run for President in 08 and to my recollection was actually rather irritated with the press over the issue at one point.

If you want a real, honest candidate that will work to get us out of the war, vote for Ron Paul. He's from Texas and has a wonderful track record as a Congressman. In fact, no one even bothered to run against him in the last 2 elections. He returned money to the taxpayers that his office didn't need. Interested yet? :) And he has a principled reason for not getting us involved in entangling foreign alliances...namely, the Constitution and the founding fathers. He compares all legislation to the Constitution before voting for it. www.ronpaul.org Check it out & decide if you really want to vote for Hillary.

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

They were turned over to Starr.

Do you have a citation for that? I do remember her saying that she would serve out her first senate term and not run in '04, but I don't recall her saying that about '08. Of course, this last race was so uninteresting I don't even remember who the Republican candidate was, just that it was not Pirro.

12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't see that anything in Hillary's past can be held against her. She will merely act charming and disavow any failures that she might have had as her green and salad days....

She already forced Obama to claim that he himself is a Christian and not a muslim, although his church has a racist statement about how everyone has to support the black leadership in Chicago and the USA. It sounds like Garveyism under a church roof.

The Democrats are so wrapped up in the idea of peace that Hillary should draw all Republicans, Independents, Libertarians, and Democrats who want peace above all else.

Her opposition in the GOP will be Rudy Gulliani.

13. redbelt

redbelt New Member

Having served during desert storm and having returned again to active duty in the past few year, I think I understand his feelings better then you might.

The military is more than just a job - it's service, it's sacrifice and it's what you eat, breathe and live. There is a sense of honor and when retiring, that certificate is a culminating document of 20 plus years of your life. The president that signs that document is in essance saying 'JOB WELL DONE'

So can you understand why someone might not want her signature on it? Probably about as much as you would want President Bush to sign yours if you had served your country faithfully for 20 plus years.

That's just my perspective from someone who, I guess, lacks any understanding of how a military person might feel.

14. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good synopsis...

Of course in the worst case scenario if she does win and I don't retire I would have to do my best to keep my oath and not bad mouth her as that wouldn't be the best testimony...

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Her track record tells us that her memory cells don't function very well.

"ARKANSAS ALTZHEIMER'S

Number of times that Clinton figures who testified in court or before Congress said that they didn't remember, didn't know, or something similar.

Bill Kennedy 116
    Harold Ickes 148
    Ricki Seidman 160
    Bruce Lindsey 161
    Bill Burton 191
    Mark Gearan 221
    Mack McLarty 233
    Neil Egglseston 250
    Hillary Clinton 250
    John Podesta 264
    Jennifer O'Connor 343
    Dwight Holton 348
    Patsy Thomasson 420
    Jeff Eller 697

Do we really want a person with such a poor memory for president?

If Fitzgerald had been the special prosecutor, she might have been tried for obstruction and perjury.:laugh:

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Did you make up those numbers yourself? I don't see any citation.

There's a difference between "I don't know" and "I don't remember". If you're asked something you don't know or couldn't know, then that is the honest answer. "I don't remember" can be appropriate as well. Without the questions, we have no way of judging the answers.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always the liberal apologist.:laugh:

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

No, just a sensible realist. Quotes out of context and raw numbers are nearly meaningless.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe you are quite such a "sensible realist" when it comes to Mr. Bush.:tonofbricks:

20. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The standard of measure for memory and accuracy are different.