1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Jimmy Carter's New Book

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Rhetorician, Nov 7, 2005.

1. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

This illusion of the "liberal media" is absolutely false and is being perpetrated by extremist fundamentalists to further their cause. In reality the media has been taken over by the far right. Give me an example of the "liberal media."

2. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

I haven't read the book but reading between the lines of his public statements and known positions I suspect he doesn't believe in absolute truth.

Anybody have any knowledge or evidence of this, one way or the other?

BTW, I hate being associated with Pat Robertson & Jerry Falwell just because I believe the Bible.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't think I would go that far. I believe Carter is a man of integrity and believes the Bible. I cannot think of any time that he has been proven otherwise.

The conclusion I came to is that he is saddened by the demise of the SBC and it has not lived up to what it proclaims today. Certainly after seeing much of the world he sees some common issues among trouble. As I get older I would like to think I am a little wiser than in earlier years. I am sure at his age he believes that the US is making some serious mistakes. America can be a bully only for so long and then it must work as a team with other nations for peace. From what I gather there are a number of things he does not agree with in the world and in the US but taking a wrong appraoch to solve those problems may only make matters worse.
    There are many in the SBC who are in favor of dominionism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominionism)and are actively practicing it. I would think Carter would elect to negotiate and work as a team whenever possible. I would think he sees his response as being through soial issues and using his influence to solve them as an open for his personal testimony and the gospel as a Christian. Apparently he has had many opportunites to share his faith with leaders of other countries.

I think too many believers today open mouth and insert foot before praying and asking God to open the door and give them wisdom.

4. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

I don't think I would go that far. I believe Carter is a man of integrity and believes the Bible. I cannot think of any time that he has been proven otherwise.

The conclusion I came to is that he is saddened by the demise of the SBC and it has not lived up to what it proclaims today. Certainly after seeing much of the world he sees some common issues among trouble. As I get older I would like to think I am a little wiser than in earlier years. I am sure at his age he believes that the US is making some serious mistakes. America can be a bully only for so long and then it must work as a team with other nations for peace. From what I gather there are a number of things he does not agree with in the world and in the US but taking a wrong appraoch to solve those problems may only make matters worse.
    There are many in the SBC who are in favor of dominionism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominionism)and are actively practicing it. I would think Carter would elect to negotiate and work as a team whenever possible. I would think he sees his response as being through social issues and using his influence to solve them as an open for his personal testimony and the gospel as a Christian. Apparently he has had many opportunites to share his faith with leaders of other countries.

I think too many believers today open mouth and insert foot before praying and asking God to open the door and give them wisdom. </font>[/QUOTE]I agree with you about his integrity, gb.

When Carter withdrew from the SBC I thought I remembered reading in the paper that a primary reason was its stance on homosexuality. If so, how can one support the homosexual agenda and believe the Bible is the true Word of God? It's Carter's integrity that causes me to suspect he may not believe the Bible - surely God's view of the issue is clear to him.

BTW, I agree with him on the dominionist issue (from what I know about his view - I'm not a dominionist).