1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Obama "accepts" responsibility

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Ryan.Samples, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

In a recent town hall interview, President Obama accepted responsibility for failing to implement immigration reform.

If I recall correctly, Democrats controlled the White House and both chambers in the 111th Congress, from JAN 2009 to JAN 2011. If immigration was such a high priority, why didn't Obama focus on it during his first two years?

One wonders how failure to act in a Democrat-controlled government represents a failure for anyone other than the Democrats. I'm not trying to be partisan here, but it seems a good dose of common sense is in order. They had time to pass "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act," but they didn't have time to wrestle with promised immigration reform?

Thoughts out there in BB land?

2. targus

targus New Member

I agree.

And blaming someone else is not accepting responsibility - it is the opposite.